Recovery Disk for Multimedia E153

clherbert

When my father gave us this computer several years ago somehow th
recovery disk was never seen after he loaned it to my sister i
Michigan. When attempting to upgrade to Windows 2000, it locked up a
almost the very end. My brother-in-law from Michigan took it(agains
my better judgement) to "fix" it. He had it for at least 5 months an
now it just wants the recovery disk. If anyone out there has one i
would be great so my kids would have a computer to use. I've searche
high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you

--
clherbert

metronid

I have the recovery floppy for that unit
It is called "RECOVERY DISK".

I do not think that is what you really need
The software for Packard Bell that reinstalls the OS is called
Master Cd for the CD and and Restore Floppy for the associated floppy

I of course have them all

The unit originally came with Windows 95
If you have changed the original CD drive
The Restore floppy will not work

"clherbert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> When my father gave us this computer several years ago somehow the
> recovery disk was never seen after he loaned it to my sister in
> Michigan. When attempting to upgrade to Windows 2000, it locked up at
> almost the very end. My brother-in-law from Michigan took it(against
> my better judgement) to "fix" it. He had it for at least 5 months and
> now it just wants the recovery disk. If anyone out there has one it
> would be great so my kids would have a computer to use. I've searched
> high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you.
>

> --
> clherbert

clherbert

Thank you for your reply. I have the original box with the followin
Packard Bell Software Collection disks: Master CD PC-Docto
Diagnostics, Navigator & Online Library, Ecco the Dolphin, Core
WordPerfect Suite 7, and the Master CD. What other disk is there tha
I'm missing? I also have Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia and Studen
Reference Library which may also have come with it. The computer is al
original with nothing new with the original CD drive.

--
clherbert

metronid

Do you have any floppies
"clherbert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thank you for your reply. I have the original box with the following
> Packard Bell Software Collection disks: Master CD PC-Doctor
> Diagnostics, Navigator & Online Library, Ecco the Dolphin, Corel
> WordPerfect Suite 7, and the Master CD. What other disk is there that
> I'm missing? I also have Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia and Student
> Reference Library which may also have come with it. The computer is all
> original with nothing new with the original CD drive.
>

> metronid Wrote:
>> I have the recovery floppy for that unit
>> It is called "RECOVERY DISK".
>>

>> I do not think that is what you really need
>> The software for Packard Bell that reinstalls the OS is called
>> Master Cd for the CD and and Restore Floppy for the associated floppy
>>

>> I of course have them all
>>
>> The unit originally came with Windows 95
>> If you have changed the original CD drive
>> The Restore floppy will not work
>>

>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> When my father gave us this computer several years ago somehow the
>> recovery disk was never seen after he loaned it to my sister in
>> Michigan. When attempting to upgrade to Windows 2000, it locked up
>> at
>> almost the very end. My brother-in-law from Michigan took it(against
>> my better judgement) to "fix" it. He had it for at least 5 months
>> and
>> now it just wants the recovery disk. If anyone out there has one it
>> would be great so my kids would have a computer to use. I've
>> searched
>> high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you.
>>

>> --
>> clherbert

> --
> clherbert

clherbert

There were only CD's in the box.

--
clherbert

metronid

Take the CS that says 170889 -02
Or give me the numbers
One of the Cd's have the restore floppy
under a file called osboot.img I think
"clherbert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> There were only CD's in the box.
>
> metronid Wrote:
>> Do you have any floppies
>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Thank you for your reply. I have the original box with the following
>> Packard Bell Software Collection disks: Master CD PC-Doctor
>> Diagnostics, Navigator & Online Library, Ecco the Dolphin, Corel
>> WordPerfect Suite 7, and the Master CD. What other disk is there
>> that
>> I'm missing? I also have Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia and
>> Student
>> Reference Library which may also have come with it. The computer is
>> all
>> original with nothing new with the original CD drive.
>>

>> metronid Wrote:
>> I have the recovery floppy for that unit
>> It is called "RECOVERY DISK".
>>

>> I do not think that is what you really need
>> The software for Packard Bell that reinstalls the OS is called
>> Master Cd for the CD and and Restore Floppy for the associated
>> floppy
>>

>> I of course have them all
>>
>> The unit originally came with Windows 95
>> If you have changed the original CD drive
>> The Restore floppy will not work
>>

>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> When my father gave us this computer several years ago somehow the
>> recovery disk was never seen after he loaned it to my sister in
>> Michigan. When attempting to upgrade to Windows 2000, it locked up
>> at
>> almost the very end. My brother-in-law from Michigan took it(against
>> my better judgement) to "fix" it. He had it for at least 5 months
>> and
>> now it just wants the recovery disk. If anyone out there has one it
>> would be great so my kids would have a computer to use. I've
>> searched
>> high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you.
>>

>> --
>> clherbert
>>

>> --
>> clherbert

> --
> clherbert

clherbert

I don't have a disk that has that number on it. The Master CD PC-Docto
Diagnostics has the number 170889-01. The other Master CD with all th
software programs on it does not have a number on it.

--
clherbert

metronid

The one that says 170889-01
Open the CD on your computer and looke for a file called osboot.img
It should be on one of them
I think the other one is 170889-02
Does the other one also say master CD
Once you find the osboot.img
Send it to me

If not I will check my data base and send you the floppy
"clherbert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't have a disk that has that number on it. The Master CD PC-Doctor
> Diagnostics has the number 170889-01. The other Master CD with all the
> software programs on it does not have a number on it.
>
> metronid Wrote:
>> Take the CS that says 170889 -02
>> Or give me the numbers
>> One of the Cd's have the restore floppy
>> under a file called osboot.img I think
>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> There were only CD's in the box.
>>
>> metronid Wrote:
>> Do you have any floppies
>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Thank you for your reply. I have the original box with the following
>> Packard Bell Software Collection disks: Master CD PC-Doctor
>> Diagnostics, Navigator & Online Library, Ecco the Dolphin, Corel
>> WordPerfect Suite 7, and the Master CD. What other disk is there
>> that
>> I'm missing? I also have Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia and
>> Student
>> Reference Library which may also have come with it. The computer is
>> all
>> original with nothing new with the original CD drive.
>>

>> metronid Wrote:
>> I have the recovery floppy for that unit
>> It is called "RECOVERY DISK".
>>

>> I do not think that is what you really need
>> The software for Packard Bell that reinstalls the OS is called
>> Master Cd for the CD and and Restore Floppy for the associated
>> floppy
>>

>> I of course have them all
>>
>> The unit originally came with Windows 95
>> If you have changed the original CD drive
>> The Restore floppy will not work
>>

>> "clherbert" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> When my father gave us this computer several years ago somehow the
>> recovery disk was never seen after he loaned it to my sister in
>> Michigan. When attempting to upgrade to Windows 2000, it locked up
>> at
>> almost the very end. My brother-in-law from Michigan took it(against
>> my better judgement) to "fix" it. He had it for at least 5 months
>> and
>> now it just wants the recovery disk. If anyone out there has one it
>> would be great so my kids would have a computer to use. I've
>> searched
>> high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you.
>>

>> --
>> clherbert
>>

>> --
>> clherbert
>>

>> --
>> clherbert

> --
> clherbert

clherbert

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've gotten back to you. I've been s
involved with work I haven't had the time to look at the PB. I turne
the PB on tonight and it does boot but it wants to start up preferabl
in the safe mode. It then stops, says there's a registry problem wit
Microsoft Windows and asks for a recovery disk and then restart. Whe
I put the Master CD PC Diagnostics disk in, it does nothing...there'
no way I know of to look for a file on this disk because of this.

--
clherbert