Recovery Partition on HP Mini 1000. 1030NR ??

mm

I'm fixing a friend's HP Mini 1000. 1030NR, that is.

She is very virusied. (that's like terrified.)

Is there a recovery partition on her computer?

Will I be able to tell by running a partition boot CD from a USB
harddrive? Like Partition Magic.

I read an HP manual for her model, but it's not exactly for her model.
It says to press ESC repeatedly when I turn it on, but so far that
hasn't done anything.

Thanks a lot.