Registry Tweak to Make Account Names "Bold"?

Monica

My 52 year old eyes would really appreciate it if I were able to make my
various email account names in bold type face.
I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
think a bold typeface would be the ticket
Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

RnR

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:12:49 -0500, "Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My 52 year old eyes would really appreciate it if I were able to make my
>various email account names in bold type face.
>I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
>think a bold typeface would be the ticket
>Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

Do what I did to solve this.... get eye surgery on both eyes and you
will be amazed how well you see again... I am. I won't go into
detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

Rick

What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is set
for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I had
prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
distance.

Rick

"RnR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:12:49 -0500, "Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>My 52 year old eyes would really appreciate it if I were able to make my
>>various email account names in bold type face.
>>I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
>>think a bold typeface would be the ticket
>>Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

> Do what I did to solve this.... get eye surgery on both eyes and you
> will be amazed how well you see again... I am. I won't go into
> detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

Rick

Ooops, make that "wear" not "ware".

Rick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?
>
> A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
> glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is
> set for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I
> had prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper
> part was set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal
> reading distance.
>
> Rick
>

> "RnR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:12:49 -0500, "Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>My 52 year old eyes would really appreciate it if I were able to make my
>>>various email account names in bold type face.
>>>I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
>>>think a bold typeface would be the ticket
>>>Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

>> Do what I did to solve this.... get eye surgery on both eyes and you
>> will be amazed how well you see again... I am. I won't go into
>> detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

BillW50

On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
blind in that eye for the rest of her life. And most places make you
sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0

Bob_Villa

On Sep 22, 11:24*am, BillW50 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
>
> > What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
> blind in that eye for the rest of her life. And most places make you
> sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.
>

> > A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
> > glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription isset
> > for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. *I had
> > prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
> > set for *24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
> > distance.

> > Rick

> > "RnR"<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >> Do what I did to solve this.... * get eye surgery on both eyes and you
> >> will be amazed how well you see again... *I am. * I won't go into
> >> detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

> --
> Bill
> Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0
> Centrino Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

....and that's why they call it a "practice"! B^(

Monica

I tried to send and email last night saying "oops, wrong newsgroup" but it
came back saying "address rejected" It's the same address I've been
using on newsgroups for years. This was supposed to go to the WLM
newsgroup.
Sorry

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sep 22, 11:24 am, BillW50 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
>
> > What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
> blind in that eye for the rest of her life. And most places make you
> sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.
>

> > A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
> > glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is
> > set
> > for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I
> > had
> > prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part
> > was
> > set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal
> > reading
> > distance.

> > Rick

> > "RnR"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >> Do what I did to solve this.... get eye surgery on both eyes and you
> >> will be amazed how well you see again... I am. I won't go into
> >> detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

> --
> Bill
> Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0
> Centrino Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

....and that's why they call it a "practice"! B^(

RnR

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:11:56 -0400, "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?
>
>A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
>glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is set
>for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I had
>prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
>set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
>distance.
>
>Rick

Depends if you take the long or short view ... which is cheaper. Also
depends on a lot of other things including health of eyes. I did
about 80 hours of research before I had my surgery so I felt
comfortable about my decision but I didn't do it just for the sake of
a computer of course. Last, I was half kidding when I wrote it to
Monica but it could be an option with other benefits too as in my
case. The negative is the cost especially without insurance. BTW,
in my surgery the success rate was 98% per every study I could read
and I looked into the 2% failure rate and actually when broken down,
what concerned me was more like .3% failure.

Tony Harding

On 09/22/11 12:24, BillW50 wrote:
> On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
>> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
> blind in that eye for the rest of her life.

Did she shop around first and get the cheapest price from some
dude/chick she'd never seen before? My eyes are an area where I don't
want to economize - I had both eyes LASIKed in 2002 by the same
ophthalmologist I'd been going to for 10+ years and who was well
regarded in his field. My vision was restored to 20/20 with no problems
(e.g., halos, blindness, etc.) and the glasses restriction on my
driver's license was removed. Very sorry to hear that your ex is blind
in that eye (wouldn't wish that on anyone), but people sometimes make
foolish choices. Plus, there could be medical malpractice involved. If
your ex did her homework in choosing an eye surgeon and still had a
problem, that really sucks.

> And most places make you sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

I cannot think of any situation in which I *haven't* signed a waiver
before surgery - it's standard procedure, plus the surgeon is required
to obtain "informed consent". There are no guarantees in life, including
surgery.

Tony

RnR

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:53:36 -0400, Tony Harding
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 09/22/11 12:24, BillW50 wrote:
>> On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
>>> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

>> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
>> blind in that eye for the rest of her life.

>Did she shop around first and get the cheapest price from some
>dude/chick she'd never seen before? My eyes are an area where I don't
>want to economize - I had both eyes LASIKed in 2002 by the same
>ophthalmologist I'd been going to for 10+ years and who was well
>regarded in his field. My vision was restored to 20/20 with no problems
>(e.g., halos, blindness, etc.) and the glasses restriction on my
>driver's license was removed. Very sorry to hear that your ex is blind
>in that eye (wouldn't wish that on anyone), but people sometimes make
>foolish choices. Plus, there could be medical malpractice involved. If
>your ex did her homework in choosing an eye surgeon and still had a
>problem, that really sucks.
>
>> And most places make you sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
>> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

>I cannot think of any situation in which I *haven't* signed a waiver
>before surgery - it's standard procedure, plus the surgeon is required
>to obtain "informed consent". There are no guarantees in life, including
>surgery.
>
>Tony

Well put Tony. There are just too many variables besides the doctor
for failure and I happen to feel you increase the odds of success (no
guarantee tho) being informed before making decisions about your own
care.

Just to repeat myself tho from an earlier post, I was just half
kidding when I told Monica to consider eye surgery but it seems some
people took me seriously.