Reinstall of drivers when swapping video cards?

smlunatick

I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
new GTX 275 one. I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.

Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
motherboard?)

deimos

smlunatick wrote:
> I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
> new GTX 275 one. I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
>
> Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
> changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
> motherboard?)

Nope.

smlunatick

On Jul 27, 9:39*pm, smlunatick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
> new GTX 275 one. *I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
>
> Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
> changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
> motherboard?)

Just to close this post thread. The newer nVidia drivers appear to
automatically start the driver uninstall router when you remove the
video card from Device Manager. This is at least for Windows XP Pro
SP3 32 bit.

tonyk

smlunatick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6e926f4f-4e30-4320-9233-
(E-Mail Removed):

> On Jul 27, 9:39*pm, smlunatick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
>> new GTX 275 one. *I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
>>
>> Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
>> changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
>> motherboard?)

> Just to close this post thread. The newer nVidia drivers appear to
> automatically start the driver uninstall router when you remove the
> video card from Device Manager. This is at least for Windows XP Pro
> SP3 32 bit.

They do, and they also start the uninstall if you just change drivers,
retro or ahead.

TonyK