reinstallation windows xp problems

capf

Hello. My Dell Inspiron 600m crashed a few months ago. I've had to
reinstall windows. The problem is I can't find the 2nd cd in the
installation process. So I have missing drivers. My device manager
says I'm missing the following:
Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
I went to the Dell download page for drivers, but I don't see any of
these when I type in my service tag number. Can anyone help me. I
can't get internet access on that computer without these.
thanks.
Jayson

LouieG

capf wrote:
> Hello. My Dell Inspiron 600m crashed a few months ago. I've had to
> reinstall windows. The problem is I can't find the 2nd cd in the
> installation process. So I have missing drivers. My device manager
> says I'm missing the following:
> Ethernet Controller
> Multimedia Audio Controller
> Network Controller
> PCI Modem
> Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
> I went to the Dell download page for drivers, but I don't see any of
> these when I type in my service tag number. Can anyone help me. I
> can't get internet access on that computer without these.
> thanks.
> Jayson

you should be able to find all your drivers here.
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=
first item to get should be the Intel mobile driver set
http://support.dell.com/support/down...7&fileid=70519

Journey

On 4 May 2007 15:21:11 -0700, capf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello. My Dell Inspiron 600m crashed a few months ago. I've had to
>reinstall windows. The problem is I can't find the 2nd cd in the
>installation process. So I have missing drivers. My device manager
>says I'm missing the following:
>Ethernet Controller
>Multimedia Audio Controller
>Network Controller
>PCI Modem
>Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
>I went to the Dell download page for drivers, but I don't see any of
>these when I type in my service tag number. Can anyone help me. I
>can't get internet access on that computer without these.
>thanks.
>Jayson

You can create an account to use the Dell website to download drivers.
When you are logged on to your account, you can add the service tag(s)
of your computer(s). In addition to drivers, it's handy to see things
like how much time is left on your warranty.

I don't know the correct sequence of drivers to install. Someone
recently posted it. I usually do the chipset driver first, then video
and sound, and take it from there.

If you have any problems setting up your account post back here and
maybe I can help. It shouldn't be too difficult. You can access "My
Account" from a link at the top of Dell's home page (www.dell.com).

Ben Myers

Install motherboard chipset drivers absolutely first. The others can be
installed in any order. It's nice to install the video drivers early on to see
better what you are doing. Then, for me, it's usually Ethernet or wifi.

.... Ben Myers