Reinstalling XP on a M305CRV Laptop

confused

Hi,
I am reinstalling Windows XP from scratch using a retail Windows XP CD on a
Gateway M305CRV laptop.
I downloaded the necessary drivers from Gateways site but did not see any
Chipset drivers.
Are there Chipset drivers for this model?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Junior Member

I just reinstalled one for a friend's mother....with nothing other than the original OS disk. The chipset drivers should be picked up after the install of SP2. I had a couple question marks in the device manager that disappeared after SP2...I installed the drivers from the gateway site. A couple I found looking up the notebook by part number instead of by serial number.

Good Luck.