removal of hard drives from m9000z

richard

Could HP designers made life any more difficult than the placement of
drives in a way to get to them easier?
Of course not.
Since my machine crapped out, I want to remove the SATA drives.
But, have run into a snag. The drives are under a cage for one of the
pocket/personal media drives.

Visible screws and plugs have been removed.
The ass-a-nine graphics on the cage shows some kind of tool needs to be
inserted and the cage assembly should move? With a little force?
Or am I missing something here?

When I pry the cage with a screwdriver, it does not budge at all.

Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
attached?

Clueless I is. Need help.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Could HP designers made life any more difficult than the placement of
>drives in a way to get to them easier?
>Of course not.
>Since my machine crapped out, I want to remove the SATA drives.
>But, have run into a snag. The drives are under a cage for one of the
>pocket/personal media drives.
>
>Visible screws and plugs have been removed.
>The ass-a-nine graphics on the cage shows some kind of tool needs to be
>inserted and the cage assembly should move? With a little force?
>Or am I missing something here?
>
>When I pry the cage with a screwdriver, it does not budge at all.
>
>Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
>attached?
>
>Clueless I is. Need help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.
com/ewfrf/wc/document?
docname=c01176906&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=36293 61&rule=16066&lang=en

or here is a TINY link version of the above link

http://tiny.cc/xh6km

Use a flatblad screwdriver

richard

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 02:48:49 GMT, GMAN wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Could HP designers made life any more difficult than the placement of
>>drives in a way to get to them easier?
>>Of course not.
>>Since my machine crapped out, I want to remove the SATA drives.
>>But, have run into a snag. The drives are under a cage for one of the
>>pocket/personal media drives.
>>
>>Visible screws and plugs have been removed.
>>The ass-a-nine graphics on the cage shows some kind of tool needs to be
>>inserted and the cage assembly should move? With a little force?
>>Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>When I pry the cage with a screwdriver, it does not budge at all.
>>
>>Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
>>attached?
>>
>>Clueless I is. Need help.

> http://h10025.www1.hp.
> com/ewfrf/wc/document?
> docname=c01176906&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=36293 61&rule=16066&lang=en
>

> or here is a TINY link version of the above link
>
> http://tiny.cc/xh6km
>

> Use a flatblad screwdriver

thank you. Just what I needed to know. I just need the proper tool to
release the latch now.

Pannawonica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledgehammer

--