Replacement for agp mb.

Lo

Hi everyone,
I have agp 4x ati card which i'd
like to keep until it is necessary to change...
but i need new cpu. My question is, if i get new pci-express
mainboard, will i be able to use it anymore ?
Do you have heard from some adapters ?
Have a nice week-end.
Lo

dino

no PCI-E is a totally diferent interface...it would be about the same as
trying to put your vid card in a PCI slot...adapters..no. And if you are
willing to go to a PCI-E board and a CPU to go with it...more than likely
your old vid card would just be a bottle neck.

bill

there are a few mother boards that have both agp and pci-e
<Lo> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I have agp 4x ati card which i'd
> like to keep until it is necessary to change...
> but i need new cpu. My question is, if i get new pci-express
> mainboard, will i be able to use it anymore ?
> Do you have heard from some adapters ?
> Have a nice week-end.
> Lo

DaveW

You CANNOT use your AGP card with a PCI-Express motherboard.

--
DaveW

<Lo> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I have agp 4x ati card which i'd
> like to keep until it is necessary to change...
> but i need new cpu. My question is, if i get new pci-express
> mainboard, will i be able to use it anymore ?
> Do you have heard from some adapters ?
> Have a nice week-end.
> Lo

Todd Sauve

In fact, Via makes a chipset that allows the use of both AGP and PCI-E video cards on the
same motherboard. Not simultaneously, but it does allow you to get over that extra expense
until you can afford it.
--
Todd

Michael W. Ryder

Lo wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I have agp 4x ati card which i'd
> like to keep until it is necessary to change...
> but i need new cpu. My question is, if i get new pci-express
> mainboard, will i be able to use it anymore ?
> Do you have heard from some adapters ?
> Have a nice week-end.
> Lo

I have a 9700 Pro that I saw no need to upgrade (especially since
comparable or better cards are almost non-existent) when I upgraded. I
went with an ASUS P5P800 motherboard which allowed me to use the new
LGA775 socket Pentium 4s (I went with the 3.4 GHz model). The board
uses standard DDR RAM instead of DDR2 so if you already have suitable
memory you won't have to replace that also.