Replacement battery for T-40?

mistercrisp

I am looking for suggestions for a reliable seller for a replacement
battery for my T-40
I see a whole bunch of "dealers" on the web, for non OEM batteries, and
I have bought the cheaper batteries in the past for other computers.
But some of these places seem to have only been in business for a short
time.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a reliable place to buy a battery.

Thanks,

Ken
--
to email directly, remove "ECM" from email address in header

John Navas

[Follow-up set to comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad]
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:20:58 GMT, mistercrisp
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

I've been happy with ThinkPad batteries from <http://www.bestcompu.com/>

--
Best regards, You are cordially invited to participate in the
John official ThinkPad group news:comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad

motzanews58

mistercrisp said the following on 7/1/2009 2:20 PM:
> I am looking for suggestions for a reliable seller for a replacement
> battery for my T-40..

I've been happy with www.powermega.com

I purchased the extended battery CL741B-862
Name: Replacement (extra) Laptop battery for IBM ThinkPad T40 /
T41 / T42 / T43 / R50 Series

...for my T40p. I get about 5 hours from it with the screen always on,
and the hdd spinning.

motzanews58

mistercrisp said the following on 7/6/2009 11:35 PM:
> Thanks very much for both suggestions. Strangely, neither of the
> companies is listed at resellerratings.com... Hmmm...

Never heard of resellerratings. I would assume it's a voluntary user
site anyway. But you can't go wrong with powermega.com.

...Aug

mistercrisp

I am not sure of the details of how resellerratings.com works, but I
think it is based on reports of people like us reporting our
experiences. What it does for me is keep me away from a really bad
seller. I always check there when looking for a new merchant. There
are a lot of merchants who are not represented, however.

Ken

--
to email directly, remove "ECM" from email address in header