Replacement hard drive for Pavilion n5425

Tomtom99

I would like to replace the hard drive on this laptop. What
considerations do I need to take into account when selecting a
replacement? I know there is a 20 HD inside now. I can't tell what
brand. Are there standards for laptop hard drives. In other words, can
I put a Seagate brand in there if I pull out an HP brand out? What
range of sizes are available to install?

Thanks

came

go to www.belarc.com download the software it will tell you everything
about your system

also thsi link on hp will help
http://learning.compaq.com/wbt/e9-10200-wb/default.htm

Tomtom99 wrote:
> I would like to replace the hard drive on this laptop. What
> considerations do I need to take into account when selecting a
> replacement? I know there is a 20 HD inside now. I can't tell what
> brand. Are there standards for laptop hard drives. In other words, can
> I put a Seagate brand in there if I pull out an HP brand out? What
> range of sizes are available to install?
>
> Thanks

Tomtom99

Thanks for the utility. I am sure it will help determine the vendor of
my hard drive. Do I have to put in that exact replacement hard drive.
If not, how can I find out what manufacturers model of drive will work?

Ben Myers

Any brand of 2.5" standard IDE notebook drive will do. I suggest steering away
from Toshiba, because I have serviced a lot of notebooks with failing or failed
Toshiba drives. Seagate and Fujitsu are good, and Hitachi is pretty good, too.

You can install a drive larger than 20GB in capacity, at least 30GB and possibly
more. But I do not know the BIOS limitations on hard drive capacity.

.... Ben Myers