Replacement laptop battery

Jim

I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi. A software diagnostic reported my
battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged. Not too
surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
time.

Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. Any
recommendations or warnings? Obviously those with the same model I hope
will add to the comments.

Dan Sgambelluri

Jim wrote:
> I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi. A software diagnostic reported my
> battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged. Not too
> surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
> time.
>
> Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. Any
> recommendations or warnings? Obviously those with the same model I hope
> will add to the comments.

Pacific Battery is a good place to get a replacement battery.
Ebay is good as well. Make sure the battery is the same model as the
one you have.

Jake

On Jul 13, 1:34*pm, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi. *A software diagnostic reported my
> battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged. *Not too
> surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
> time.
>
> Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. *Any
> recommendations or warnings? *Obviously those with the same model I hope
> will add to the comments.

I had good luck on ebay..Price about 1/2 of usual price.I do not
have the same model as you, but I suppose that you have followed
the calibration instructions which include a complete charge and
discharge
in order to get the charge indicator to read correctly. The
replacement
battery should be completely discharged and fully recharged about
three times although it is a Lithium..Mine was four years old..Luck!!!

Jeff

These guys are good for Canada/USA. Got a replacement for my 3003 about a
year ago that is still going strong.
http://www.intelligentbatteries.ca/P...p?ID=N00119502
Jeff
news:487a66c9$0$7345$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi. A software diagnostic reported my
> battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged. Not too
> surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
> time.
>
> Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. Any
> recommendations or warnings? Obviously those with the same model I hope
> will add to the comments.

Jim

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:48:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

> These guys are good for Canada/USA. Got a replacement for my 3003 about
> a year ago that is still going strong.
> http://www.intelligentbatteries.ca/P...p?ID=N00119502 Jeff

Did you notice any performance increase beyond that of when the computer
was new? In other words is the battery performance and better than that
which shipped new on the computer?