Replacing capacitors on AV11V30 motherboard

Nir Gilboa

Hi,

I have a Shuttle AV11V30 mb which is completely dead. I did some reading
and found out the mb is known to have faulty capacitors. Anyone have any
info on which capacitors to replace and the degree of difficulty
involved ? Any help is apreciated.

Nir Gilboa

Dodgy

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:42:40 +0200, Nir Gilboa <(E-Mail Removed)>
waffled on about something:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Shuttle AV11V30 mb which is completely dead. I did some reading
>and found out the mb is known to have faulty capacitors. Anyone have any
>info on which capacitors to replace and the degree of difficulty
>involved ? Any help is apreciated.
>
>Nir Gilboa

I managed to do the ones on an FV25 board a while ago... The faulty
ones are generally easy to spot, the top will have bulged and or the
contents will have oozed out.

They will all be electrolytic type (look like little dustbins).

Nice article and pictures here
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30328/article.html

They weren't that tricky to replace, the biggest problem was finding
the correct values. They all seemed to be odd sizes. I ended up having
to combine some in parallel.

If you're good with a soldering iron and solder sucker, you should be
able to do it.

At the end of the day it's a dead board, the worst that can happen is
it will still be a dead board with a few $/'s worth of new capacitors
on it.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Dell Motherboard Capacitors Cshrawder Dell 0 11-18-2010 09:09 PM
Replacing Capacitors ebay.ntailoring@gmail.com PC Hardware 1 07-17-2008 01:14 AM
Motherboard Capacitors Henry Bemis HP 8 08-13-2007 12:50 AM
Compaqs with Bad Motherboard Capacitors genosmm@yahoo.com Compaq 0 10-26-2005 08:01 PM
So few capacitors on motherboard? larrymoencurly ECS 33 01-08-2004 09:05 PM