Replacing a laptop hard drive

gold

Hi,

I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop hard drives (backward)
compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

ED

"gold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
> broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
> kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop hard drives (backward)
> compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
> work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

Go here and select the choices:
http://www.drivesolutions.com/upgrade/toshiba.shtml

Bob Villa

On Mar 7, 9:50*am, gold <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
> broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
> kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop *hard drives (backward)
> compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
> work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

See what you need (Ed's suggestion) and check the price at NewEgg.com.