restore problems and ?'s

jeptha@telus.net

Since i was finally able to retire my old PB i thought it was time to
put it back to good uses from it's time. The drive was backed up and
the case opened. I removed all the cards and removed the powerleap so
it could be used in another pc. A pentium 166 with mmx was installed
and the jumpers were set. The origional hard drive was in storage and
after installing it i realized i had a problem. The origional restore
disks were long gone but i still had the restore disks for a different
pb which i successfully used on this pc. The drive that contained the
format number has since died but i still have it on a piece of paper.
Now, when i tried the restore and recovery disk i found out it was dead
so i used a win 98 boot disk and using it's cd support ran the recovery
cd that way. last time i ran the software on this pc i did not yet have
the mr. bios update however now i do have it, all the system
information that you could see in the system credintals program can not
be found and some books did not appear in the bookshelf after the
restore was finished. Is this information stored on the bios?

finally, i do have the disk numbers for the computer i am restoring:

-Dead floppy
-Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734

I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with the
pc:

-Restore Diskette: 142650-03
-Master restore cd: 170904
-Navigator CD: 170894-02

now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if anyone
has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
would really help.
Thanks.

Elector

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
<snip>
> -Dead floppy
> -Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734
>
> I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with
> the
> pc:
>
> -Restore Diskette: 142650-03
> -Master restore cd: 170904
> -Navigator CD: 170894-02
>
> now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if
> anyone
> has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
> would really help.
> Thanks.

I think Metronid may be able to assist. he has great knowledge in
these disks as well as Simon in the UK.

Elector

metronid

I have a copy of 170990-04
It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy
"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gCHdf.1895$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> <snip>
>> -Dead floppy
>> -Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734
>>
>> I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with the
>> pc:
>>
>> -Restore Diskette: 142650-03
>> -Master restore cd: 170904
>> -Navigator CD: 170894-02
>>
>> now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if anyone
>> has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
>> would really help.
>> Thanks.
>>

> I think Metronid may be able to assist. he has great knowledge in these
> disks as well as Simon in the UK.
>
> Elector

Elector

"metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I have a copy of 170990-04
> It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
> I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy

I knew you were the man!

Elector

jeptha@telus.net

great!
would you e-mail it or mail it?

metronid

I can mail it
NEED THE ADDRESS
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> great!
> would you e-mail it or mail it?

jeptha@telus.net

before i give you the address do i have to pay for the shipping?
also, i will send you the address via email

metronid

The shipping is about 1 dollar
Just return it with 3 US POSTAGE stamps
after you receive the item
It is no big deal

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> before i give you the address do i have to pay for the shipping?
> also, i will send you the address via email

jeptha@telus.net

email me.
(E-Mail Removed)
I will give you the mailing information.
yes, i am using my fathers account.

jeptha@telus.net

Thanks man. Now all i need is the navigator cd. (Navigator CD:
170894-02 )
I will just look around for it.