Restoring battery maximiser gauge to taskbar

Roger R

I've had this problem several times on my thinkpad x40. The problem
for me is there is never that check box to get back the gauge on the
taskbar. After racking my brain for an hour or so each time I finally
figure out how to get it back.

For my computer the only way I've found to get it back is to run the
battery optimizer wizard. During the wizard there is a screen showing
the message and a check box to see the battery gauge on the taskbar.

If I run tp98tray.exe, it will show a thinkpad configuration icon in
the taskbar. Click and select power management.. then click Battery
maximiser wizard...

On step 3 screen you will see the check box.

It's the only way I've found to restore it for my x40. Just want to
post this for all the others that are frustrated by this..

Cheers.. Roger