Running two OS simultaneously - possible?

Mad Cliffy's Legs Don't Work

My current setup:

machine 1 = Dimension 9200 (core 2 duo) running XP and connected to my
2407WFP via the blue graphics input thingy. This machine runs 24/7
and monitors my CCTV system.

machine 2 = Dimension 9200 (quad core) running Vista and connected to
my 2407WFP via the white graphics input thingy. This is my main
machine and is only turned on as and when needed.

I can switch between views on the 2407WFP.

The video capture card in machine 1 has no Vista drivers (hence the
raison d^etre for two machines).

Is it possible to somehow run everything through machine 2, what with
it being quad core and all that nonsense; have both operating systems
somehow running concurrently?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Colin Wilson

> Is it possible to somehow run everything through machine 2, what with
> it being quad core and all that nonsense; have both operating systems
> somehow running concurrently?

Have you tried VirtualBox ?

It's free, recently bought out by Sun from Innotek, and works damn
well :-) (you should be able to map inputs with any luck, depending on
how they're configured)