Junior Member
Location: in a cardboard box down your road

Hello all,

I have a problem with installing my Operating System, Windows 2003 Ent. on the Tyan S5112 Motherboard using 2x NEW 200GB Maxtor Sata HD.

I would like to use a RAID1 configuration and have successfully used Adaptec SATA Bios utility to create my RAID1 Array and marked it bootable. I've also initialized it and verified the discs using the Adaptec SATA BIOS util. Hance Rapids

The problem is, when I go to install my O/S, Windows 2003 Ent or XP Pro, although during bootup, my computer recognizes the RAID 1 Array as 1 logical drive, Windows Setup still sees BOTH Hard Drives as individual Hard Drives that I can create partitions on individually and independantly, should it not only see 1 Logical Hard Drive?

So if I go to create a Partition on SATA 0 and install my O/S what's happened to my RAID1?

Please can someone shed some light on to my problem? Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

On an ASUS P4C800 MB, during windows setup, it recognizes the RAID 1 Array drive as 1 logical drive.

Does the Tyan MB do it differently? or have I missed any steps? I'm beginning to pull my hair out.

Many thanks

Justin