SA-KT600 Dragon Plus V.1.0 sata installation

davegood

I have a SA-KT600 Dragon Plus V.1.0 currently using a Maxtor IDE ULTRA
ATA133
I am going to install a Maxtor SATA drive and using Maxblast3 software,
transfer the entire contents of the IDE drive to the SATA drive, make this
drive the MASTER and then remove the IDE drive to use on another machine.
Question: currently the IDE drive is boot drive C, MASTER; how should I
configure the SATA drive when first installed, a master or a slave??
I am confused because both IDE and SATA functions will be operational at the
same time, once I load the SATA driver from the Soyo CD.
thanks in advance
dave good

Jim B.

"davegood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<oqJid.3837$ii1.3284@trndny04>...

The answer is neither, SATA drives don't have jumper settings like IDE
drives. Just plug it in and power it up.

> I have a SA-KT600 Dragon Plus V.1.0 currently using a Maxtor IDE ULTRA
> ATA133
> I am going to install a Maxtor SATA drive and using Maxblast3 software,
> transfer the entire contents of the IDE drive to the SATA drive, make this
> drive the MASTER and then remove the IDE drive to use on another machine.
> Question: currently the IDE drive is boot drive C, MASTER; how should I
> configure the SATA drive when first installed, a master or a slave??
> I am confused because both IDE and SATA functions will be operational at the
> same time, once I load the SATA driver from the Soyo CD.
> thanks in advance
> dave good

Jim B.

(E-Mail Removed) (Jim B.) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

I guess I could have at least told you why you don't have to bother
with jumper settings on the SATA drive. The reason you have jumper
settings on a IDE drive is because there can be two drives on one IDE
cable, the SATA on the other hand is a single drive connected to a
cable. There is no option for a second SATA drive on that little red
cable.