Sabertooth x58 and Cooler Maste HAF-Xr:can I use Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?

ijones@jejejeje.it

Hi, I have this hardware config:

WD CAVIAR BLACK 500GB 64MB CACHE per il Sistema Operativo (windows 7
x64)
Case Cooler master HAF-X
ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
CORSAIR DDR3 1600 12GB 3 blocchi
In you opinion can I use

a Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?
If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
thanks

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi, I have this hardware config:
>
> WD CAVIAR BLACK 500GB 64MB CACHE per il Sistema Operativo (windows 7
> x64)
> Case Cooler master HAF-X
> ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
> INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
> CORSAIR DDR3 1600 12GB 3 blocchi
> In you opinion can I use
>
> a Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?
> If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
> the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
> thanks

Is this the same F120 model ?

"At this point we have 12 dead out of 40 and multiple models of
computers that they have failed in. Average time to failure is
2 weeks, though some have failed in as little as 2 days. We've
switched over to the Intel 320 Series"

Before buying an SSD, always find some customer reviews!

*******

With regard to storage devices, you can buy adapters. You can
adapt a 2.5" drive, to fit in a 3.5" space, or a 3.5" drive
to fit in a 5.25" space. There is always an adapter, somewhere,
which you can use.

Paul

geoff

Newegg has pretty good ssd video on their ssd product web page. It goes
into a lot including adaptors.

I never realized that PCI ssd's were so fast.

--g

Paul

geoff wrote:
> Newegg has pretty good ssd video on their ssd product web page. It goes
> into a lot including adaptors.
>
> I never realized that PCI ssd's were so fast.
>
> --g

You don't really need an adapter. For example, some people
here report they hold them in place with nylon ties. The
SSD is relatively light, and the main reason for securing it,
is so the cables don't get pulled loose.

Another thing to check, is read the customer reviews, and make
sure the SSD has threaded holes in standard places. You might
buy an adapter, and then find the SSD is so cheap, it has no
standard mounting features.

Paul

malikinam

california is the best university

--
malikinam

FolkGT

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:35:18 -0400, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi, I have this hardware config:
>>
>> WD CAVIAR BLACK 500GB 64MB CACHE per il Sistema Operativo (windows 7
>> x64)
>> Case Cooler master HAF-X
>> ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
>> INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
>> CORSAIR DDR3 1600 12GB 3 blocchi
>> In you opinion can I use
>>
>> a Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?
>> If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
>> the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
>> thanks

>Is this the same F120 model ?
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233125
>
> "At this point we have 12 dead out of 40 and multiple models of
> computers that they have failed in. Average time to failure is
> 2 weeks, though some have failed in as little as 2 days. We've
> switched over to the Intel 320 Series"
>
>Before buying an SSD, always find some customer reviews!

That link is to the older SATA 2 product. OP is asking about the SATA3.

I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
single screw would be plenty.

ijones@jejejeje.it

>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233191
>
>I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

What motherboard do you have?

>You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
>single screw would be plenty.

It is necessary an adapter for installa that SSD?
Thanks

FolkGT

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:39:53 +0200, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233191
>>
>>I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

>What motherboard do you have?

Asus P8Z68-V LE

>>You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
>>single screw would be plenty.

>It is necessary an adapter for installa that SSD?

No adapter required. They use the exact same connectors as a regular SATA
hard drive.

ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 and Asus Marvell raid: I look for info ijones@jejejeje.it Asus 0 01-31-2011 08:36 AM
ASUS SABERTOOTH X58: how many blocks of RAM for 12 GB? ulixi@emmail.it Asus 5 01-20-2011 12:28 AM
Re: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Any Comments? Paul Asus 1 09-03-2010 02:32 AM
Re: X58 Sabertooth KCB Asus 0 08-25-2010 10:59 PM
Nike air force one, air force 1, air force one low cut, air force one mikajems Apple 0 10-05-2008 06:41 PM