Sabertooth X58: I have to make an internal audio bridge (with cable). help!

ulixi@emmail.it

Hi,
I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 and often I make editing video with a
Canopus NX PCI Express board. If I don't configure my editing
software, the audio is ok. But if I like to configure my editing
software with Canopus NX PCI Expess board the audio disappear. Some
friend of mine have told me to make an internal audio bridge with a
cable. In other words, I have to connect the OUTPUT connection from
Canopus NX PCI Express board to INPUT connection on ASUS SABERTOOTH
X58 with a cable.
I have read the motherboard handbook but I don't understand fine.
Can you tell me what is the right INPUT connection on SABERTOOTH X58?
Do I have to choose a particular cable or is it sufficient a normal
stereo cable?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
> I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 and often I make editing video with a
> Canopus NX PCI Express board. If I don't configure my editing
> software, the audio is ok. But if I like to configure my editing
> software with Canopus NX PCI Expess board the audio disappear. Some
> friend of mine have told me to make an internal audio bridge with a
> cable. In other words, I have to connect the OUTPUT connection from
> Canopus NX PCI Express board to INPUT connection on ASUS SABERTOOTH
> X58 with a cable.
> I have read the motherboard handbook but I don't understand fine.
> Can you tell me what is the right INPUT connection on SABERTOOTH X58?
> Do I have to choose a particular cable or is it sufficient a normal
> stereo cable?
> Thanks a lot for your help.

Does your NX card, have a 1/8 inch stereo "Audio Out" connector
on the faceplate ?

Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
Sabertooth X58 manual).

The cable you would need, looks like this. Male to male, 1/8"
stereo audio. I use a cable like this, for my TV capture card.
And, I use my Line In connector, to pick up the signal.

http://www.frontx.com/pro/c217_054p2.gif

Paul

ulixi@emmail.it

>Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
>to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
>connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
>Sabertooth X58 manual).

Hi Paul, thanks for your availability. I already made that connection
but I'd like to do it internally, inside my PC. I cannot see so many
cables.
In your opinion will it be possible?
Thanks once again.

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
>> to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
>> connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
>> Sabertooth X58 manual).

> Hi Paul, thanks for your availability. I already made that connection
> but I'd like to do it internally, inside my PC. I cannot see so many
> cables.
> In your opinion will it be possible?
> Thanks once again.

Years ago, motherboards had a four pin "CD Audio" header
on the surface of the motherboard.

I do not see that header on your motherboard. I tried looking
in the manual, but did not see it.

In this picture of an older motherboard, the CD audio
connector is the white one near the top, with a
shape like in my diagram-

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screen...Asus_TUV4X.jpg

+---+
+-+ +-+
|x x x x| white, four pin, CD audio connector.
+-------+

The CD Audio cable looked like this. In your case, the Canopus NX would
need a surface mount connector, to match one end of this cable. I did
not see that connector on the Canopus NX.

http://stores.wascocomputers.com/cat..._336355281.jpg

CD Audio input, is line level (1 volt), like the Line In on the back
of your computer.

*******

The AAFP audio header, has two audio ports on it as well.
But that is used for your front panel audio. It may be possible
to disconnect the front panel audio (headphone and microphone ports),
and use one of those ports for an internal cable of some sort.
Again, this will require cable fabrication, and you probably
don't "own a soldering iron".

*******

Since the Canopus NX has the audio output connector on the
faceplate, that pretty well determines the cable will go on
the outside. That is how my TV card does it.

I could not see an internal output connector on the Canopus
NX, but then, the picture I was looking at did not have
a high resolution.

The 1/8" audio patch cord, does not have to be a long wire.
It can be a short one. In this picture, you can see the
short wire my TV card uses. The "audio cable" has maybe
a 1 foot long section of wire. This doesn't stick out
too much, on the back of the computer.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...116-606-13.jpg

On occasion, I make my own cables. For example, at an electronics
store, you can buy a plug like this one. Three wires solder to the
tabs on one end, and then the wires go through the cover that
screws on over top of the solder joints.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cno3XOpUL.jpg

You would use two of those male plugs, plus three pieces of
small gauge wire, to make a short audio patch cord like the
one you need.

Paul

ulixi@emmail.it

Paul, thanks once again for your suggestion.
If I will do an external connection, can you tell me is if a short
cable 30cm plays better than a long 1.50 cm cable? Or will the output
audio be the same?
Thanks

>The AAFP audio header, has two audio ports on it as well.
>But that is used for your front panel audio. It may be possible
>to disconnect the front panel audio (headphone and microphone ports),
>and use one of those ports for an internal cable of some sort.
>Again, this will require cable fabrication, and you probably
>don't "own a soldering iron".
>
>*******
>
>Since the Canopus NX has the audio output connector on the
>faceplate, that pretty well determines the cable will go on
>the outside. That is how my TV card does it.
>
>I could not see an internal output connector on the Canopus
>NX, but then, the picture I was looking at did not have
>a high resolution.
>
>The 1/8" audio patch cord, does not have to be a long wire.
>It can be a short one. In this picture, you can see the
>short wire my TV card uses. The "audio cable" has maybe
>a 1 foot long section of wire. This doesn't stick out
>too much, on the back of the computer.
>
>http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...116-606-13.jpg
>
>On occasion, I make my own cables. For example, at an electronics
>store, you can buy a plug like this one. Three wires solder to the
>tabs on one end, and then the wires go through the cover that
>screws on over top of the solder joints.
>
>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cno3XOpUL.jpg
>
>You would use two of those male plugs, plus three pieces of
>small gauge wire, to make a short audio patch cord like the
>one you need.
>
> Paul

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Paul, thanks once again for your suggestion.
> If I will do an external connection, can you tell me is if a short
> cable 30cm plays better than a long 1.50 cm cable? Or will the output
> audio be the same?
> Thanks

It should be the same.

Paul

Sabertooth X58 MemOK/F1 error on boot QX Asus 0 01-22-2011 05:36 AM
ASUS SABERTOOTH X58: how many blocks of RAM for 12 GB? ulixi@emmail.it Asus 5 01-20-2011 12:28 AM
Re: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Any Comments? Paul Asus 1 09-03-2010 02:32 AM
Re: X58 Sabertooth KCB Asus 0 08-25-2010 10:59 PM
Internal AirPort card as bridge? Possible?? Lot-o-fun Apple 2 04-29-2004 10:06 AM