Safe way to remove scratches from LCD screen?

techman41973@yahoo.com

I have a fujitsu lifebook that has a clear plastic panel that protects
the LCD.
It seems to easily scratch. I used the wet/dry LCD cleaner packets.
However they don't do much to help the problem.
Is there a solution to effectively and safely remove marks/scratches
on the plastic panels that covers LCD screens on today's laptops?
thanks

davy

For plastic I would be tempted to try Brasso or Silvo liquid metal
polish..! Use a very soft cloth and rub in a circular motion over the
entire screen it can be done with Duraglit or Sivaglit this is a metal
wadding but the liquid form is best - I can not comment on other brands,
if in doubt try on some spare plastic.

There are no doubt many rebuffing kit's specially for this purpose -
this be may is your best option.

For glass, I got deep marks out of glass TV xcreens with Chemico... a
grinding paste that you use on car pistons, you just gotta rub and rub,
glass is harder and takes longer.

... no genie come out but your knackered afterwards I can tell ya'. The
secret no matter glass or plastic is to use a small circular motion,
obviously you need to conentrate on the scratched area as well as the
entire screen... don't want it concaved do we like Hubbles lens.

I do believe there is some special stuff that you can fill the
scratches with up but I can not comment nor tried any of these.

Why not take it to an optician.... WHAT...!!!!
Well, you see glasses are always getting scratched and specticles can
be glass or plastic..

...you'll find some giving naughty gestures, some may appear friendly
and yet one of them just might be friendly... not too friendly mind.

*You do need to be careful*... it may be coated with an antiglare
coating or even a scratch resistant coating - just like they use on
specticles.

So inspite of making a specticle of myself, gotta admit.. a method in
my madness though

Davy

[...]

be glass or plastic.. some opticians have on-site 'despener & repair
unit's'.

...you'll find some giving naughty gestures, some may appear friendly
and yet one of them just might be friendly... not too friendly mind.

*You do need to be careful*... it may be coated with an antiglare
coating or even a scratch resistant coating - just like they use on
specticles.

So inspite of making a specticle of myself, gotta admit.. a method in
my madness though

Davy

Val

There's a line of plastic polish called Novus - they have two or three
products that remove scractches and polish up the plastic afterwards. You
might find it in some hobby shops that cater to R/C car builders and such.

It works great on general purpose plastics, but I've never used it on
anything critical. It did, however, do a great job on a scratch on a car's
windshield.

Val

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a fujitsu lifebook that has a clear plastic panel that protects
> the LCD.
> It seems to easily scratch. I used the wet/dry LCD cleaner packets.
> However they don't do much to help the problem.
> Is there a solution to effectively and safely remove marks/scratches
> on the plastic panels that covers LCD screens on today's laptops?
> thanks

John Doue

Val wrote:
> There's a line of plastic polish called Novus - they have two or three
> products that remove scractches and polish up the plastic afterwards. You
> might find it in some hobby shops that cater to R/C car builders and such.
>
> It works great on general purpose plastics, but I've never used it on
> anything critical. It did, however, do a great job on a scratch on a car's
> windshield.
>
> Val
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I have a fujitsu lifebook that has a clear plastic panel that protects
>> the LCD.
>> It seems to easily scratch. I used the wet/dry LCD cleaner packets.
>> However they don't do much to help the problem.
>> Is there a solution to effectively and safely remove marks/scratches
>> on the plastic panels that covers LCD screens on today's laptops?
>> thanks

Was your car's windshield made of plastic? Or does this product work too
on glass?

--
John Doue

Davy

I don't know if you are aware but you have had a couple of replie's...
:nod: try following this link to the new board...
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...reen-6658.html

davy