Saphire X1950xtx

GTD

I have this card in a DFI Lanparty crossfire mainboard. I see the
X1950XTX on ATI's "combination options chart", but it (the saphire
model) is not on the "certified components" list. There is, however,
other Saphire cards, such as the x1900 on the certified components list.
Any idea why this is? Will crossfire work with this card and a Saphire
x1959XTX crossfire edition? Should I stick with the same manufacturer
(Saphire), or can they be mix-and-matched? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg

First of One

Any two X1950/X1900 XT/XTX cards can be mix and matched. You can even mix
two slave cards together in "software CF" mode, according to the Cat 6.11
release notes, though I'm not sure how reliably it works. Don't mind the
brand, either - all the high-end cards are produced by a couple of contract
facilities (last time I heard it was Celestica in Toronto).

ATi's chart probably hasn't been updated in a long time.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Apr 3, 8:30 pm, "First of One" <r...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Any two X1950/X1900 XT/XTX cards can be mix and matched. You can even mix
> two slave cards together in "software CF" mode, according to the Cat 6.11
> release notes, though I'm not sure how reliably it works. Don't mind the
> brand, either - all the high-end cards are produced by a couple of contract
> facilities (last time I heard it was Celestica in Toronto).
>
> ATi's chart probably hasn't been updated in a long time.
>
> --
>
> "GTD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > I have this card in a DFI Lanparty crossfire mainboard. I see the X1950XTX
> > on ATI's "combination options chart", but it (the saphire model) is not on
> > the "certified components" list. There is, however, other Saphire cards,
> > such as the x1900 on the certified components list. Any idea why this is?
> > Will crossfire work with this card and a Saphire x1959XTX crossfire
> > edition? Should I stick with the same manufacturer (Saphire), or can they
> > be mix-and-matched? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Greg- Hide quoted text -

Cool, I was hoping that was the case. I got to thinking, Saphire's
X1950XTX Crossfire isn't on ATI's certified Components list, so the
list is obviously not all-inclusive. Probably liek you said, not up to
date.
Also, I see the two cards connect by a cable of some sort, is this
included with teh CF edition? I've not seen it anywhere. Thanks, Greg.

First of One

Yes, the infamous "dongle cable" is included with the CF edition.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...