SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 - please help

Adam

I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.

Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.

Paul

Adam wrote:
> I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
> However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
> heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
> So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.
>
> Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.

Check the Newegg customer reviews, for reports of failures ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH

Using the rating system, it may be easier to find a brand with
the best reviews.

Amazon also has reviews for stuff, if you need more opinions.

Paul

Adam

news:j7nlkn$5ou$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Adam wrote:
>> I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
>> However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
>> heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
>> So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.
>>
>> Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.
>>

> Check the Newegg customer reviews, for reports of failures ?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH
>
> Using the rating system, it may be easier to find a brand with
> the best reviews.
>
> Amazon also has reviews for stuff, if you need more opinions.
>
> Paul

Thanks (Guru Paul), checking Amazon sounds like a good idea.

Interesting how Newegg and Amazon have different items at the top of the
stack.

Paul

Adam wrote:
> news:j7nlkn$5ou$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Adam wrote:
>>> I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
>>> However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
>>> heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
>>> So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.
>>>
>>> Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.
>>>

>> Check the Newegg customer reviews, for reports of failures ?
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH
>>
>> Using the rating system, it may be easier to find a brand with
>> the best reviews.
>>
>> Amazon also has reviews for stuff, if you need more opinions.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Thanks (Guru Paul), checking Amazon sounds like a good idea.
>
> Interesting how Newegg and Amazon have different items at the top of the
> stack.

I think Newegg management, thinks of Amazon as "the enemy". I don't
think that way at all, as I tried to buy something from Amazon, and
it never arrived, and I had to wait a month to get a CC refund. So they're
not even in the same league. But knowing Newegg hates them, I like
to throw a ref to Amazon in for fun :-) You'll notice Newegg's site
is "morphing" into something bloated and ugly (sorta like discovering
a grocery aisle in your local hardware store), but that's business
for you. Never happy with perfection, always a need to dilute. I
wonder how long it will take, before Newegg is selling Corn Flakes.

Paul

Adam

news:j7nuv0$lsg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Adam wrote:
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:j7nlkn$5ou$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Check the Newegg customer reviews, for reports of failures ?
>>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH
>>>
>>> Using the rating system, it may be easier to find a brand with
>>> the best reviews.
>>>
>>> Amazon also has reviews for stuff, if you need more opinions.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Thanks (Guru Paul), checking Amazon sounds like a good idea.
>>
>> Interesting how Newegg and Amazon have different items at the top of the
>> stack.
>>

> I think Newegg management, thinks of Amazon as "the enemy". I don't
> think that way at all, as I tried to buy something from Amazon, and
> it never arrived, and I had to wait a month to get a CC refund. So they're
> not even in the same league. But knowing Newegg hates them, I like
> to throw a ref to Amazon in for fun :-) You'll notice Newegg's site
> is "morphing" into something bloated and ugly (sorta like discovering
> a grocery aisle in your local hardware store), but that's business
> for you. Never happy with perfection, always a need to dilute. I
> wonder how long it will take, before Newegg is selling Corn Flakes.
>
> Paul

Yeah, I was surprised when I recently discovered that
techie Newegg was selling ...

Handy Gourmet Large 26"x16.25" Non Stick Oven Liner $7 @ Newegg

Unlike Newegg, Amazon has many vendors so I'm always cautious about
which vendor I'm buying from. I don't worry about buying direct from
Amazon.
Because there are more vendors, more items are sold on Amazon than Newegg.

Foke

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:13:01 -0700, "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

>I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
>However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
>heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
>So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.
>
>Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.

I bought that same Sapphire card from New Egg a year and a half ago and
wasn't happy with the fan noise. I eventually ended up with a Nvidia GTX
460 and am much happier with that card. It's around $30 more, but to me
it was worth it. YMMV.

charlie

I run two XFX 5770s in Xfire
I'd suggest that you seriously consider a faster video card.
A single NVIDIA 460 or preferably better, and is about as fast or faster
than two 5770s in Xfire. Worthy of note is that the latest ATI/AMD
driver for the HD5770s has less problems in general than
the older versions. With the early drivers, Far Cry 2 would usually
lockup after about fifteen minutes or so of play. It's up to about 2-1/2
hours now. Naturally, there are some work-arounds, such as saving,
exiting and restarting the game.

On 10/19/2011 6:13 PM, Adam wrote:
> I am considering getting the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770.
> However, I have had Radeon video cards that have had
> heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
> So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.
>
> Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.

Dxdiag is telling me my Radeon HD 5770 only has 626 mb of VRAM? Anon ATI 3 08-18-2012 12:58 AM
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 - please help Adam Asus 6 11-20-2011 11:24 AM
5770 card Shipping Lewis Apple 3 10-03-2010 04:05 AM
5770 with quiet fan? Foke ATI 2 06-13-2010 06:36 PM
Radeon HD 5770 Rudolf Kemnitz ATI 2 11-20-2009 10:46 AM