SATA backplane question

John Oliver

On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
below it. How do we get the two new disks working?

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *

daytripper

On 26 Feb 2005 21:43:09 GMT, John Oliver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
>delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
>the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
>motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
>from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
>The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
>that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
>below it. How do we get the two new disks working?

Add-in a four-port SATA HBA and cable it over to the unused backplane slots?

John Oliver

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:57:16 -0500, daytripper wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2005 21:43:09 GMT, John Oliver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
>>delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
>>the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
>>motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
>>from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
>>The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
>>that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
>>below it. How do we get the two new disks working?

> Add-in a four-port SATA HBA and cable it over to the unused backplane slots?

Yeah... I hadn't realized that SATA was a one-to-one thing. A new card
is on the way...

SATA Controller to Backplane Nigel HP 4 07-25-2007 09:33 AM
connect TYAN B2882 backplane with adaptec 2130slp Louie Tyan 0 03-07-2006 12:57 PM
Proliant ML530 6 x Scsi backplane Power connector Pin assignment Yeti68 Compaq 0 03-05-2006 12:43 AM
S: 735/125 case/backplane Christoph Stein HP 0 06-14-2004 05:35 PM
PowerEdge 2600, can I move drives from media bay to backplane? dg Dell 2 12-29-2003 06:24 PM