SATA do I need a floppy to instal it

BH2

Hi Guys,
another question sorry, I have read that some boards required the SATA
drivers to be installed via a floppy. I have the 9NDA3J, am I able just
instal the SATA drives or do I need to have a floppy drive in my computer.
Also any recommendation for types of RAM thanks again. Going to build it
after Christmas, got most of the parts now. All of you have a good
Christmas
Regards
Bob

Old Hippy

Hi
If the sata drives are just for storage you can download drivers for it.
If they are boot drives(operating system) yes you have to have a floppy to
load drivers for operating system.
tom

"BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:439c00be$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
> another question sorry, I have read that some boards required the SATA
> drivers to be installed via a floppy. I have the 9NDA3J, am I able just
> instal the SATA drives or do I need to have a floppy drive in my
> computer. Also any recommendation for types of RAM thanks again. Going to
> build it after Christmas, got most of the parts now. All of you have a
> good Christmas
> Regards
> Bob

BH2

Thanks for the reply,
understood, I will be having the OS Win XP on one of the SATA drives, a
Western Digital 320Mb Caviar SE, do I get the drivers from Western Digital
to put onto a floppy. Thanks again
Regards
Bob

"Old Hippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZNVmf.34292$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Hi
> If the sata drives are just for storage you can download drivers for it.
> If they are boot drives(operating system) yes you have to have a floppy to
> load drivers for operating system.
> tom
>
> "BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:439c00be$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Guys,
>> another question sorry, I have read that some boards required the SATA
>> drivers to be installed via a floppy. I have the 9NDA3J, am I able just
>> instal the SATA drives or do I need to have a floppy drive in my
>> computer. Also any recommendation for types of RAM thanks again. Going
>> to build it after Christmas, got most of the parts now. All of you have
>> a good Christmas
>> Regards
>> Bob

Peter van der Goes

"BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the reply,
> understood, I will be having the OS Win XP on one of the SATA drives, a
> Western Digital 320Mb Caviar SE, do I get the drivers from Western Digital
> to put onto a floppy. Thanks again
> Regards
> Bob
>

> "Old Hippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZNVmf.34292$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Hi
>> If the sata drives are just for storage you can download drivers for it.
>> If they are boot drives(operating system) yes you have to have a floppy
>> to load drivers for operating system.
>> tom
>>
>> "BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:439c00be$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> another question sorry, I have read that some boards required the SATA
>>> drivers to be installed via a floppy. I have the 9NDA3J, am I able just
>>> instal the SATA drives or do I need to have a floppy drive in my
>>> computer. Also any recommendation for types of RAM thanks again. Going
>>> to build it after Christmas, got most of the parts now. All of you have
>>> a good Christmas
>>> Regards
>>> Bob

Most motherboard manufacturers provide the necessary drivers on the driver
CD that comes with your motherboard (at least Asus does), along with a
utility to write the drivers to a floppy so they will be recognized.
The drive manufacturer will not typically have the drivers, as they differ
according to the SATA chipset(s) on a particular motherboard.
If the necessary drivers and utility are not on the mobo driver CD, try
searching around the Epox site. I'm sure somebody here who owns a 9NDa3J can
guide you.
If this mobo has two SATA chipsets (many do), make sure you get the drivers
for the chipset to which your drive is attached.

BH2

Thanks for the help much appreciated
Merry Christmas
Regards