SATA DVD Drive

davegood57

My Gigabyte mobo has an input for audio from a CD/DVD player but I am
building a system using a SATA DVD drive and it has no separate output for
Audio just power and SATA interfaces.
What happens to the audio signal???
thanks in advance
dg

Wesley

"davegood57" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9A281E9A4B97Cdavegood57gmailcom@130.81.64. 196...
> My Gigabyte mobo has an input for audio from a CD/DVD player but I am
> building a system using a SATA DVD drive and it has no separate output for
> Audio just power and SATA interfaces.
> What happens to the audio signal???
> thanks in advance
> dg

Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD

SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1

No need audio cable the sound fine :0

I'm not sure what u meaning.

There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD

davegood57

"Wesley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:7xGjj.4438$(E-Mail Removed):

> Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD
>
> SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1
>
> No need audio cable the sound fine :0
>
> I'm not sure what u meaning.
>
> There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD

Thank you so much, I am goingto use the same DVD burner and you answered my
question and solved one of my concerns.
Using an OEM DVD burner, same model and since it came with no instructions,
I posted this question to the newsgroup.
most sincerely
dg

Onsokumaru

"davegood57" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9A2843941A85Bdavegood57gmailcom@130.81.64. 196...
> "Wesley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:7xGjj.4438$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD
>>
>> SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1
>>
>> No need audio cable the sound fine :0
>>
>> I'm not sure what u meaning.
>>
>> There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD
>>

> Thank you so much, I am goingto use the same DVD burner and you answered
> my
> question and solved one of my concerns.
> Using an OEM DVD burner, same model and since it came with no
> instructions,
> I posted this question to the newsgroup.
> most sincerely
> dg

The audio signal travels down the SATA cable.

You have had the option to do this on IDE for years also. This was the
"Enable Digital Audio.." option in the Device Manager properties for the
particular CD/DVD drive.

There can be poor sound, but I think by now they have probably ironed out
the bugs.