SATA expansion cards?

MtnGoat

Hi kids, anyone still here?

I've got an NF7S v.2 that I'll be retiring in the future. In
themeantime I've got an IDE drive that's growing bad clusters and I
want to replace it with a shiney new SATA one. And obviously I want to
take it with me when I upgrade to a newer machine. But my two SATA
ports are now occupied. I see there are SATA expansion cards out
there, but has anyone got any feedback on a good one to look at?

I'd also consider an external device since this could be for backing
up but I don't want to run it thru a slow USB connection

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

C.

andy

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:57:34 GMT, MtnGoat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi kids, anyone still here?
>
>I've got an NF7S v.2 that I'll be retiring in the future. In
>themeantime I've got an IDE drive that's growing bad clusters and I
>want to replace it with a shiney new SATA one. And obviously I want to
>take it with me when I upgrade to a newer machine. But my two SATA
>ports are now occupied. I see there are SATA expansion cards out
>there, but has anyone got any feedback on a good one to look at?

SYBA SD-SATA150R PCI SATA Controller Card - Retail

>I'd also consider an external device since this could be for backing
>up but I don't want to run it thru a slow USB connection
>
>Thanks and Happy Holidays!
>
>C.

MtnGoat

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:21:26 -0800, andy <1@2.3.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:57:34 GMT, MtnGoat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi kids, anyone still here?
>>
>>I've got an NF7S v.2 that I'll be retiring in the future. In
>>themeantime I've got an IDE drive that's growing bad clusters and I
>>want to replace it with a shiney new SATA one. And obviously I want to
>>take it with me when I upgrade to a newer machine. But my two SATA
>>ports are now occupied. I see there are SATA expansion cards out
>>there, but has anyone got any feedback on a good one to look at?

>SYBA SD-SATA150R PCI SATA Controller Card - Retail
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815124006
>

>>I'd also consider an external device since this could be for backing
>>up but I don't want to run it thru a slow USB connection
>>
>>Thanks and Happy Holidays!
>>
>>C.

Thanks Andy. That looks good.