sata hd won't show

Davidy

Have a 755-A2 tried to install a new WD120gig sata hd on a system with a
pata hd.
I tried disconnecting the existing 160 Maxtor parallel and doing a clean
install of XP on the 120sata and i just cant get the motherboard to
recognize the hd. I tried ide and raid settings in the bios when i choose
ide the system freezes when i choose raid the the system does not find a hd.

Any ideas?

Thank You

tcsenter

If the Western Digital drive is SATA II model, there is a known issue
between VIA and SIS Southbridges. There is a compatability jumper
setting you can try, but the URL link is too long to post here.

Go to Western Digital's website (http://support.wdc.com/) and search
the Knowledgebase for "1337" (Article ID).

If you have tried the jumper setting and the latest BIOS, contact
Western Digital support for further assistance. I know they exchanged
a lot of people's drives over this issue.