Sata on i975xbx

shane-dated-1158379000.98e7a6@cm.nu

Hello,

We recently purchased an i975xbx board for use with software raid5 under
Linux. The raid setup doesn't rely on the intel raid drivers but requires
that all drives appear as regular sata units. Anyways, I have the primary
sata controler set to ahci but the only choices I get ffor the onboard sis
controler is raid and IDE. Ide works but doesn't support NCQ. Can this
secondary controler be set to a mode which supports NCQ or am I stuck using
the four ich7 ports?

Tia,
Shane