SATA Prioblem can't access the disk

davegood

Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a message
about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to start
xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text and
then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
partially loaded MS Works 2002.

Any other suggestiions ???
thanx
dg
"RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:QAhLd.48621$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
>one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
>fine
> "davegood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
>> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
>> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
>> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
>> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
>> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
>> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
>> Thanks in Advance
>> dg
>> (E-Mail Removed)

davegood

In addition to stalling the system reboots into windows and then goes into
an infinite loop and a total reboot, ie round in circles.
> Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a
> message
> about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to
> start
> xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text
> and
> then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
> What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
> restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
> partially loaded MS Works 2002.
>
> Any other suggestiions ???
> thanx
> dg
> "RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:QAhLd.48621$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
>>one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
>>fine
>> "davegood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to
>>> have
>>> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
>>> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
>>> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
>>> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
>>> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
>>> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
>>> Thanks in Advance
>>> dg
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net

Which motherboard? Are you trying to install a copy of WinXP that came
with SP-2 already part of the disk? Some Soyo motherboards require a
BIOS flash in order to use SP-2 with some CPU's

davegood

Actually the Soyo Dragon soyocomputer KT600-8237 worked fine for at least
two maybe three months AFTER I installed SP-2, the current problem started
when I partially loaded the Works 2002 pgm: I just installed Word 2002 and
the utility pgm on the first cd-rom and initially had a minor problem with
XP after this but I went back to an earlier restore point, in early Jan 2005
with Sytemsuite which dumped Word 2002 and Works utilities and solved the
problem.
A week later i did a reinstallation of Word 2002/Works utilities and it was
just after this installation that the current troubles began
dg

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Which motherboard? Are you trying to install a copy of WinXP that came
> with SP-2 already part of the disk? Some Soyo motherboards require a
> BIOS flash in order to use SP-2 with some CPU's

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net

Then I would recommend you post your problem in one of the Windows XP
newsgroups. Because it doesn't sound like a problem with your
motherboard at all.

Check out this link for the Windows XP newgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx

Sounds like your having problems with the windows software installation
program.