SB Live! 24bit reboots computer

Zadig Galbaras

Hi!

I have this SB Live! 24-bit sound card which proved to be the reason my
computer the last three weeks experienced seemingly unmotivated reboots.
After yanking out the aforementioned card, system stabilized it self.

A search on the net confirmed a statement from a newsgroup member stating
that there is a problem with SB cards.

After the removal of the sound card I restarted the computer and had to
install a generic media controller when I reactivated the onboard soundchip
in the BIOS.
Since then my computer has not been turned off, and are playing WinAmp all
night long without crashing.

Is this a familiar problem well-known among experts, and if so are there a
fix?

--

Regards
Zadig Galbaras

Shepİ

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:25:43 +0200 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "Zadig Galbaras" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Hi!
>
>I have this SB Live! 24-bit sound card which proved to be the reason my
>computer the last three weeks experienced seemingly unmotivated reboots.
>After yanking out the aforementioned card, system stabilized it self.
>
>A search on the net confirmed a statement from a newsgroup member stating
>that there is a problem with SB cards.
>
>After the removal of the sound card I restarted the computer and had to
>install a generic media controller when I reactivated the onboard soundchip
>in the BIOS.
>Since then my computer has not been turned off, and are playing WinAmp all
>night long without crashing.
>
>Is this a familiar problem well-known among experts, and if so are there a
>fix?

What O/S?
also puling out and changing cards is not as simple as PnP would have
us believe :/

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Zadig Galbaras

The perpetrator was the memory.
I lowered the speed of the memory in BIOS and all my trial and tribulations
disappeared
The soundcard is remounted and reinstalled and is working fine.

--

Regards
Zadig Galbaras
A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
-----

"Zadig Galbaras" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:dcktba$fp2$(E-Mail Removed)...