SB Live! 5.1 with Digital and Analog at the same time

Positronic Cat

I recently purchased a SB Live 5.1 card, and discovered that I'm only
able to get Digital or Analog to work, not both. I'm running windows
2000.

I picked up a nice set of digital Boston Acustic speakers with the
card, and wanted to use these for my front channels, and then for my
rear channels the stereo which is already in the room. However, I
can't get the analog to output at the same time as the digital. As a
result I can either hear my front channels, or my rear channels, but
not at the same time.

Is there a solution to this? I understand from reading pages about
the Linux driver for this card that it's possible for the card to do
this. The windows drivers however don't seem to be able to do this.

Mark

Lenny

> As a
> result I can either hear my front channels, or my rear channels, but
> not at the same time.

The only thing I can think of is for you to doubleclick the speaker icon in
the systray and make sure the "digital output only" in the advanced controls
window is NOT checked...

If it isn't, and you still don't get digital and analog at the same time, I
can only suggest you contact Creative and ask them about it (unless someone
else here knows more of course).