SB Live vs Audigy 2

nobodyuknow@post.com

Hey,
I need a little help deciding which sound card to buy. I
currently have a CMI8738 Chipset card with digital optical out. My
issues with this card is that a) it's application software / mixer
software is very poor, and b) perhaps in part due to A, it will not
pass the Dolby Digital bit stream out of the optical port so that my
Reciever/Amp can decode the data itself.
So, I'm looking for a card that will take the dolby digital data
track (and even DTS if that's not too much trouble) on DVD's or DIVX
movies and do NOTHING with the data but pass it out the optical (or
even coax digital) port to my reciever. What sound card will do this
for me? I figured Creative's software is developed more than these
no-name Chineese sound cards; but info is sparce and I really don't
know.

Please Help, Thank you,

John

Tod