SB51G: P4 Mobile Processor???

NewMan

I have an Intel Mobile P4 S478:

http://processorfinder.intel.com/scr...sp?sSpec=SL725

I originally purchased it without realizing that it was a mobile
processor. I have installed it in my SB51G (FB51) motherboard. The
processor does work just fine, but it is, of course, running at its
lower speed.

It looks to me as though a little modification to the system and the
BIOS settings could force the processor into its higher speed, but
before I do this, I thought I would check to see if anyone has done
this previously.

I would presume the first step is to wire the GHI# pin to ground. But
it looks like there are some voltage issues, etc.

ALternatively, if anyone wants to swap a P4 Northwood 2.8 GHz regular
P4 for a Moblie P4, then let me know!

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Junior Member

Did you find out about setting the processor to the higher multi-setting? Looking for the same mod to put a mobile northwood into a desktop without a fronside FSB increase.