(SB61G2) Best graphics card

Andrew M

What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
graphics card..

Any suggestions

Thanks

Andy

David DeCristoforo

I finally got the Winfast GeForce card to work. It's an 8X AGP with
128MB. Don't do games so I cant help on that but the display is very
nice for the work I do (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.)
DD
PS I never did get the Radeon to work tho many others have had no
problems with the ATI cards.

On 12 Oct 2003 12:42:28 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Andrew M) wrote:

>What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
>this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
>somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
>graphics card..
>
>Any suggestions
>
>Thanks
>
>Andy

"It's easy when you know how..."
Johnny Shines

news.t-online.de

"Andrew M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
> this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
> somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
> graphics card..

Hey Andrew

In the last weeks we have built in a few Radeon 9600 128MB (no fan on
graphicboard). It runs quite and stable (in SN41, SN45 and SB61).

regards

Heiko
www.mini-cubes.de

Andrew M

"news.t-online.de" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bmeddu$t25$06$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>...
> "Andrew M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
> > this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
> > somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
> > graphics card..

> Hey Andrew
>
> In the last weeks we have built in a few Radeon 9600 128MB (no fan on
> graphicboard). It runs quite and stable (in SN41, SN45 and SB61).
>
> regards
>
> Heiko
> www.mini-cubes.de

Thanks for the replies, it looks like I'll be going for the Radeon 9600 128MB

Andy

ossi@aurelian.com

I am running the Radeon 9600 Pro on SB61G2. For the most part it runs well,
with the exception of periodic lockups during gaming (once an hour).

It behaves like a heat problem (lockups increase in frequency with
contintued play) or maybe a power problem. Shuttle says they burn in the
system for 3 days with 9600, but I doubt they are doing 3D gaming for that
period. I suspect that they know that heat power is marginal and that is
the reason for the system revision (SB62G2?) which enlarges vents, upsizes
power supply to 220W, and removes the Intel display processor. If that is
so, I wish they would just say so, as I have wasted a GREAT DEAL of time
with this problem.

Best Graphics card Chris N Dell 4 11-02-2005 10:47 PM
best graphics card for 6BA +IV Russell Soyo 0 04-07-2005 10:44 AM
Re: Best graphics card David Glenn Misner Matrox 3 10-31-2004 02:07 AM
ATI or Nvidia graphics card best on A7N8X Deluxe Nero Asus 3 12-14-2003 04:31 AM
Re: Best Graphics Card for A7N8X Deluxe? J Rankin Asus 0 10-16-2003 02:59 AM