SB95P does nothing

paul

hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
VDIMM is lit

removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment

feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
systems

lkboop

paul wrote:
> hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
> GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
> nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
> dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
> VDIMM is lit
>
> removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
> have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
> memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment
>
> feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
> systems

Sounds like CPU is defective-you also need to insure that all power
supply voltages are present, which they probably are.

Stephen

On 30 Mar 2007 16:02:13 -0700, "paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
>GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
>nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
>dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
>VDIMM is lit
>
>removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
>have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
>memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment
>
>feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
>systems

CPU fan plugged into the correct header?
All power connectors plugged in? Usually two on the motherboard and
some video cards use one.
Clear CMOS jumper on the correct pins?

Stephen

paul

On 31 Mar, 22:59, Stephen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2007 16:02:13 -0700, "paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> had a
> flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>
> >hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
> >GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
> >nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
> >dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
> >VDIMM is lit

> >removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
> >have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
> >memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment

> >feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
> >systems

> CPU fan plugged into the correct header?
> All power connectors plugged in? Usually two on the motherboard and
> some video cards use one.
> Clear CMOS jumper on the correct pins?
>
> Stephen
> --

the manufacturer has pointed me towards recommended hardware, i.e. the
CPU saying the board is not advanced enough for the one I tried

i have tried changing the CPU, also changing the graphics card and
memory, and this makes no difference

thanks for the various suggestions as to what might be wrong

I am sure it is something simple like that and I will look into each
one

Junior Member

Hi.

I've just bought the same Shuttle XPC and am having exactly the same problem.

System:
Shuttle SB95P V2 Socket 775 Intel 925XE Black
Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz S775 Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz S775
Kingston ValueRAM 2x512MB 240Pin DIMM PC2-4200 Non-ECC DDR2 CL4
XFX GeForce 7100GS 64/256MB DDR2 PCIE VGA

As far as I know, that is all supported. I've sent a request to Shuttle. Did you manage to fix it at all?