SBLive! A hog under XP?

Albert Finchly

Howdy. I don't know about other versions of Windows,
but under XP the SBLive! (latest drivers) seem to be
hogging "something". If I play CS (or any other FPS game)
with the Soundblaster (as opposed to the onboard sound)
enabled, then I get severe FPS drops. If I disable the SBLive!
and enable onboard sound then I suffer no such drops. My
basic spec. is XP 2400+, 512Mb RAM, Ti4200, VIA KT133
chipset. I've tried a couple of potential patches curtesy of
Georgy Breese (http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/)
but none make any difference.

Has anyone else suffered this indignity? Perhaps even discovered
a solution? Is the Audigy just as bad, in this respect, as the Live!
card?

Battery hog? JMosey@gmail.com Laptops 1 11-01-2005 01:11 AM
MSN CPU hog question Bob Feduniak Laptops 0 09-01-2005 01:32 PM
SB Live Value 5.1 a Bus Hog? BJ Soundblaster Live 5 03-02-2004 12:13 AM
ATI TV 8.8 resource hog. mfell2112nospam@yahoo.com ATI 0 02-13-2004 02:13 PM
Need 5900 Ultra with 2 DVIs and Not a Space Hog Perrera Nvidia 13 11-11-2003 11:06 AM