'Screen Expansion' in a ThinkPad X32 running WinXP

Thinkpad Theo

I hope this makes sense.

If I run C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe, then hit ALT+ENTER, the cmd.exe
program does not occupy the full screen.

Is there a way to tell the ThinkPad to have cmd.exe occupy the entire
screen?

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Thinkpad Theo wrote:
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> If I run C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe, then hit ALT+ENTER, the cmd.exe
> program does not occupy the full screen.
>
> Is there a way to tell the ThinkPad to have cmd.exe occupy the entire
> screen?

Try hitting <Function> and <F7>
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Tom Rutherford

"Thinkpad Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ioqoue$3kv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hope this makes sense.
>
> If I run C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe, then hit ALT+ENTER, the cmd.exe
> program does not occupy the full screen.
>
> Is there a way to tell the ThinkPad to have cmd.exe occupy the entire
> screen?

I'm not sure if it'll work on an X32, but on both my R51 and my desktop, I
created a shortcut for CMD.EXE, then edited the properties so that it runs
in full screen mode. Of course, there's no mouse there, so in order to
close it, you just type exit and hit [Enter]. So, rather than climbing down
the tree to it, I just double click on the shortcut, and I'm there. I also
adjusted the properties so that it displays in 80x25, just as in days of
old, when men were bold, and graphics were for sissies. :-)

"She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."

ThinkPad X32 Operating System Not Found PDFrank IBM Thinkpad 17 09-20-2012 09:51 AM
ThinkPad X32 Operating System Not Found Part II PDFrank IBM Thinkpad 16 09-12-2012 07:27 PM
P5WDH, Vista (x32), WLAN d_norbert Asus 4 12-17-2006 01:54 PM
an8 x32 board bob h Abit 11 05-09-2006 09:50 PM
Re: IBM X32 question JHEM IBM Thinkpad 2 05-21-2005 01:22 AM