Screen Rotation

Distressed

I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get the
screen to rotate.

There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the problem
seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these settings the
only available orientation is 'primary landscape'. Althought the graphics
driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation and it does work, but is a
slow way to achieve it.

Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during installation of
XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and that at that resolution
rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not installed. The graphic driver
is then updated by me but this does not trigger a change to the ability to
rotate in the registry or other?

My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could recover
this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if the display
drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it may also load
rotation.

Any thought greatfully appretiated.

Simon

Rainald Taesler

Distressed wrote:
> I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get
> the screen to rotate.

Why that?
As to my experience Vista has to offer much more for a TabletPC than XP.

Which version of XP are you running?
Is it the TabletPC version?

> There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the
> problem seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these
> settings the only available orientation is 'primary landscape'.
> Althought the graphics driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation
> and it does work, but is a slow way to achieve it.

Did you install the HP drivers for XP offered for your model? [1]

> Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during
> installation of XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and
> that at that resolution rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not
> installed. The graphic driver is then updated by me but this does
> not trigger a change to the ability to rotate in the registry or
> other?

AFAICS in the TabletPC models the QuickLaunch Buttons software is
responsible for the extra buttons.
I do not think that a registry entry is responsible.

> My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could
> recover this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if
> the display drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it
> may also load rotation.

I'm sorry, this is above my head :-( :-(

Rainald
[1]
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...717579&lang=de

Peavey Bassman

I found the solution to the problem. The issue is not with the driver for
the video, it is with the driver for the button on the computer. Go to HP
and download the latest driver for the function buttons on the tablet.
--
Peavey Bassman

"Distressed" wrote:

> I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get the
> screen to rotate.
>
> There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the problem
> seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these settings the
> only available orientation is 'primary landscape'. Althought the graphics
> driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation and it does work, but is a
> slow way to achieve it.
>
> Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during installation of
> XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and that at that resolution
> rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not installed. The graphic driver
> is then updated by me but this does not trigger a change to the ability to
> rotate in the registry or other?
>
> My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could recover
> this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if the display
> drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it may also load
> rotation.
>
> Any thought greatfully appretiated.
>
> Simon

Rainald Taesler

Peavey Bassman wrote:
> I found the solution to the problem. The issue is not with the
> driver for the video, it is with the driver for the button on the
> computer. Go to HP and download the latest driver for the function
> buttons on the tablet.

That's what I had said before.
Unfortunately the IP never returned :-( :-(

Rainald

>> I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't
>> get the screen to rotate.
>>
>> There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the
>> problem seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In
>> these settings the only available orientation is 'primary
>> landscape'. Althought the graphics driver (geforce Go 6150) does
>> support rotation and it does work, but is a slow way to achieve it.
>>
>> Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during
>> installation of XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and
>> that at that resolution rotation is not possible. Therefore it is
>> not installed. The graphic driver is then updated by me but this
>> does not trigger a change to the ability to rotate in the registry
>> or other?
>>
>> My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could
>> recover this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if
>> the display drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it
>> may also load rotation.
>>
>> Any thought greatfully appretiated.
>>
>> Simon

Peavey Bassman

My problem was specific to a Gateway CX210X. Downloading the button drivers
from Microsoft did fix the problem when changing from portrait to landscape.
The latest service pack for XP screwed it up but about a month later a new
driver was released for the buttons.
Good Luck
--
Peavey Bassman

"Distressed" wrote:

> I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get the
> screen to rotate.
>
> There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the problem
> seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these settings the
> only available orientation is 'primary landscape'. Althought the graphics
> driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation and it does work, but is a
> slow way to achieve it.
>
> Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during installation of
> XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and that at that resolution
> rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not installed. The graphic driver
> is then updated by me but this does not trigger a change to the ability to
> rotate in the registry or other?
>
> My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could recover
> this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if the display
> drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it may also load
> rotation.
>
> Any thought greatfully appretiated.
>
> Simon

Problem with parameters screen and rotation of the screen SAM Tablet PC 15 07-29-2008 01:59 AM
HP Compaq tc4400 blue screen on screen rotation hellnz Tablet PC 0 12-05-2007 10:52 PM
Disable Screen Rotation? - SiS graphics adapter ASUS P4S533 mage Asus 0 05-16-2005 01:03 PM
Axim screen rotation jdemillo Dell 2 01-30-2005 02:34 PM
82845G graph chipset screen rotation Hans Heintz Intel 1 01-08-2005 06:51 AM