screensaver tab missing; unable to run regedit

brianmcc22

My screensaver tab is missing from control panel display. I found the fix
pasted below, and the data value is indeed "1", but when I change it to zero,
I get the following error message:
"Cannot edit NoDispScrSavPg: Error writing the new value's contents."
Can anyone help restore my screensaver tab?

The fix I tried:

Start > Run > Regedit

> Navigate to
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System
>
> If there is a DWoRD Value called "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1
> this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 to
> see the tab again.

Invalid

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
brianmcc22 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>My screensaver tab is missing from control panel display. I found the fix
>pasted below, and the data value is indeed "1", but when I change it to zero,
>I get the following error message:
>"Cannot edit NoDispScrSavPg: Error writing the new value's contents."
>Can anyone help restore my screensaver tab?
>
>The fix I tried:
>
>Start > Run > Regedit
>>
>> Navigate to
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System
>>
>> If there is a DWoRD Value called "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1
>> this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 to
>> see the tab again.

After navigating to the DWord select Edit/Permissions and see what
authorisation you have to change the key.

Give yourself write access ( you may need to be logged in as an
administrator)

Then change the value and change the permissions back.

--
Invalid

Serial Number in Regedit Infnet Laptops 31 08-09-2010 06:30 PM
Re: I have deleted a Key in REGEDIT. help!. Paul Asus 6 08-17-2008 07:43 PM
regedit files? adora333 Dell 0 06-25-2008 06:44 PM
[9.2.2] Software Update unable to run? Eric P. Apple 10 05-24-2006 05:58 PM
Unable to Run My New Memory at Rated Speed JB Overclocking 1 07-31-2004 05:52 PM