SECC Chassis in Computer Specification

hj

What the *SECC* stands for?

Paul

hj wrote:

> What the *SECC* stands for?

I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
"Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
it cannot be right.

http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml

http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml

It could well be a Japanese steel standard.

http://www.coolergiant.com/products/...S-003A106.html

Paul

Guardian

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> hj wrote:
>>
>> What the *SECC* stands for?

> I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
> implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
> "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
> phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
> it cannot be right.
>
> http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
>
> http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
>
> It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
>
> http://www.coolergiant.com/products/...S-003A106.html
>
> Paul

I found this definition:
"Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
here
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC

There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

Paul

Guardian wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > hj wrote:
> >>
> >> What the *SECC* stands for?

> > I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
> > implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
> > "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
> > phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
> > it cannot be right.
> >
> > http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
> >
> > http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
> >
> > It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
> >
> > http://www.coolergiant.com/products/...S-003A106.html
> >
> > Paul

> I found this definition:
> "Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
> here
> http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC
>
> There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

I like your definition better. This page confirms your definition:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/cont...ic/37057/?o=40

"Find something that is made up of (primarily) aluminum or
SECC steel. SECC = Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil --
it's lighter and manages heat better than common steel. It's
not as light nor as thermalconductive as aluminum, but costs
much less."

Paul

al davis

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:04:31 -0500, "hj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What the *SECC* stands for?

avoid if you're over 55

tcsenter@yahoo.com

hj wrote:
> What the *SECC* stands for?

SECC is the standardized grade designation for electrogalvanized steel
or carbon steel sheet (in coil).

IOW, zinc-coated steel.

Junior Member

Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil (SECC)