Second audio on SY-P4i865

wayneM

I have 2 optical drives with one plugged into the first 4 pin inline audio
with the common black blade type plug.

There is an audio2 plug in the lower left corner of the board by the CNR
slot. However it appears to be a 4 pin square layout rather than a 4 pin
inline layout.

Can this audio2 be used for a second optical drive and if so where do I find
the proper cable? I've done a web search but unless I have some idea what
I'm looking for, it's going to be almost impossible to find a cable doing
the web search.

TIA,

Wayne

Jim B.

"wayneM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cJgrd.27253$(E-Mail Removed)>...

Most computer shops have the audio cable with both types of motheboard
connectors on one cable. It's not hard to find. But also its not
needed, your second optical drive will still have sound. It will just
go thru the IDE cable. In fact you don't really need the audio cable
at all, sound from the first optical drive will also go thru the IDE
cable as well.

> I have 2 optical drives with one plugged into the first 4 pin inline audio
> with the common black blade type plug.
>
> There is an audio2 plug in the lower left corner of the board by the CNR
> slot. However it appears to be a 4 pin square layout rather than a 4 pin
> inline layout.
>
> Can this audio2 be used for a second optical drive and if so where do I find
> the proper cable? I've done a web search but unless I have some idea what
> I'm looking for, it's going to be almost impossible to find a cable doing
> the web search.
>
> TIA,
>
> Wayne

wayneP

Thanx for the info, Jim.

In fact, I do have audio cables with both a black blade type connector and a
white locking connector on the mobo end. This SOYO board uses the black
blade type connector and it is right under one of the PCI cards. It is
impossible to manipulate without removing the card.

Looking through the manual again, I found that the Audio2 plug on my mobo is
for a front panel audio connector.

Wayne

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...