second HD in Dimension 9100 possible ?

wederik

I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second SATA
hard drive (320 GB).
Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the computer
can handle that.
Thankful for your advice,
wederik

Tom Scales

As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
without problem

Bob Levine

wederik wrote:
> I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second SATA
> hard drive (320 GB).
> Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the computer
> can handle that.
> Thankful for your advice,
> wederik

I've got three drives in mine. No problem.

Bob

wederik

wederik wrote:
> I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second
> SATA hard drive (320 GB).
> Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the
> computer can handle that.
> Thankful for your advice,
> wederik

Tom and Bob, thank you for your answer.
I am reassured (if that's correct english).
wederik

Journey

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:21:24 -0400, "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
>drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
>without problem

Yep, and I run 4 hard drives in my similar XPS 410 case (thanks to
this group, otherwise I wouldn't have known I could do that).

S.Lewis

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
> drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
> without problem

Same.

Right-angle cable?

Brian K

Tom, where did you put the final three?

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
> drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
> without problem

Christopher Muto

dimension 9100 manual...
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/SM/index.htm
removing and installing a hard drive (and installing a second hard drive if
you scroll down a bit)...
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1060547
if you purchase an oem drive (non-retail package) be sure to also purchase a
sata type data cable. the ones with the right angle type connector, as show
in the 'removing a hard drive" section, fit best.

"wederik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> wederik wrote:
>> I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second
>> SATA hard drive (320 GB).
>> Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the
>> computer can handle that.
>> Thankful for your advice,
>> wederik

> Tom and Bob, thank you for your answer.
> I am reassured (if that's correct english).
> wederik

Tom Scales

If he doesn't have the 13-1 media reader, the second hard drive can go
there and just use a standard SATA cable

Tom Scales

Two at the bottom
Two in the 3 1/2 slots (no floppy or card reader)
One in the bottom DVD spot with a 3 1/2 to 5 1/4 adapter with built-in
fan
Five in an external RAID5 case

5.25Tb