Second monitor has "no Signal"

CodeDigger

This is weird because everything was working just fine. I have 2 TFT
displays connected to my Windows 2003 server box. I have nVidia
GEForce5500 Graphics Card whose DVI-to-VGA adapter I used to extend my
display. I set the second one (Daewoo HL710S) as the second monitor
with "Extend your display" property in the Display settings. This was
working just great for 3 weeks.

Last week I may have touched something on the connectors and the second
display since then shows "NO SIGNAL". Of course I checked, tightened
and did this again for the DVI-to-VGA adapter as well as the incoming
connections.

I noticed that when the computer boots up, the second monitor displays
just fine (the Windows 2003 Server logo etc). As soon as the machine
boots up the display says "no signal".

I read somewhere the DVI-to-VGA adapter is basically an analog device.
But all this was working just fine, I dont know what I touched off for
this to stop working. Any ideas anyone?

Robert Hancock

CodeDigger wrote:
> This is weird because everything was working just fine. I have 2 TFT
> displays connected to my Windows 2003 server box. I have nVidia
> GEForce5500 Graphics Card whose DVI-to-VGA adapter I used to extend my
> display. I set the second one (Daewoo HL710S) as the second monitor
> with "Extend your display" property in the Display settings. This was
> working just great for 3 weeks.
>
> Last week I may have touched something on the connectors and the second
> display since then shows "NO SIGNAL". Of course I checked, tightened
> and did this again for the DVI-to-VGA adapter as well as the incoming
> connections.
>
> I noticed that when the computer boots up, the second monitor displays
> just fine (the Windows 2003 Server logo etc). As soon as the machine
> boots up the display says "no signal".
>
> I read somewhere the DVI-to-VGA adapter is basically an analog device.
> But all this was working just fine, I dont know what I touched off for
> this to stop working. Any ideas anyone?

Has to be some kind of driver or Windows configuration problem, I
think.. By default, before the driver loads, the card outputs on all
displays. After the driver loads it only displays on the outputs it's
been configured to.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from (E-Mail Removed)