Sempron 2400 (sda2400ut3d) - Standard-Speed?

Tobias K

Hi!

What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
and am not sure how to set it correctly.

Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should i
use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
frequencies.

We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have jumpers
but am not sure how to configure...)

And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a good
one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?

Greetings

Tobias

Wes Newell

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:45:54 +0100, Tobias K wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
> and am not sure how to set it correctly.

Set the FSB to 166MHz. vcore 1.60v. Multiplier to auto.

> Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should
> i use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
> frequencies.

333 is actually 166MHz and that's the default for this cpu.

> We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
> 1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have
> jumpers but am not sure how to configure...)

Normally you don't have to mess wit the jumpers. There should be a FSB
setting in the bios.

> And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a
> good one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?

2200-2400MHz, but I don't think your board will support a FSB fast enough
to get that high. Default multipler of the cpu is 10x.

Paul

Tobias K wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
> and am not sure how to set it correctly.
>
> Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should i
> use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
> frequencies.
>
> We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
> 1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have jumpers
> but am not sure how to configure...)
>
> And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a good
> one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?
>
> Greetings
>
> Tobias

Sempron page:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._11683,00.html

Page 33 here, says 2400+ is 1667MHz. Page 34 says clock is 166MHz. So multiplier
should automatically be 10x.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...docs/31693.pdf

1000MHz processor, is 100MHz x 10. So you know the multiplier is right, and
just need to bump the clock to 166MHz.

You can verify your system settings, using CPUZ from www.cpuid.com , while
in Windows.

Paul