Tamsyn Steadwood

I've just upgraded my PC to a socket 754 mobo with a Sempron 2800+
processor. It's being reported as running at 1.61 GHz. My question is (for
now!)

Is that about the right speed being reported?

Many thanks

Wes Newell

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:56:56 +0100, Tamsyn Steadwood wrote:

> I've just upgraded my PC to a socket 754 mobo with a Sempron 2800+
> processor. It's being reported as running at 1.61 GHz. My question is (for
> now!)
>
> Is that about the right speed being reported?

Yes. That's the default speed, 8x200. Now what you need to do is raise the
FSB to 233, 266, or even 300MHz or higher if your board and ram will
support it and you really want to get the most out of the cpu. To
overclock the cpu, you'll need to lower the Ht link multiplier and lower
the base ram bus speed also if needed. As a general guideline, lower the
ram bus the same amount that you raise the FSB clock, and lower the HT
multiplier by one notch for every 33MHz you raise the FSB. If you need
more help, I'd need to know your MB model or at least which chipset it
uses.

uddarts

"" wrote:
> I've just upgraded my PC to a socket 754 mobo with a Sempron
> 2800+
> processor. It's being reported as running at 1.61 GHz. My
> question is (for
> now!)
>
> Is that about the right speed being reported?
>
> Many thanks

that appears to be right.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...19#post2880719

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Th...pict62407.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314325

Tamsyn Steadwood

Right, seems I've made a mistake on the chipset. The website i bought the
mobo from said it would have the sis chipset, in fact it is the Nvidia
Nforce 3 250 chipset. how does this go for overclocking - if the processor
is running at the correct speed at 1.6GHz?
news:7_314325_2da5fcf0bcf1c852579839b86c57e01f@har dwareforumz.com...