sendmail from sol8 to sol10

joshua.noble.fuller@gmail.com

Any of you have any success carrying over a past sendmail
configuration from sol8 to a sol10 installation? I can't find any docs
for this procedure. I have the feeling I am overlooking several config
files.

Any help appreciated.

Tristram Scott

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Any of you have any success carrying over a past sendmail
> configuration from sol8 to a sol10 installation? I can't find any docs
> for this procedure. I have the feeling I am overlooking several config
> files.
>
> Any help appreciated.

You are probably better off looking back at your old .mc files to see what
you added to them and why, and then implementing the same with the new
version of sendmail.

The major change you will notice is that there are now two instances of
sendmail, essentially one for sending and one for receiving, with separate
configuration files. One is sendmail.cf, the other submit.cf. The files
used are in /etc/mail, so /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/mail/submit.cf.
The .mc source files are in /etc/mail/cf/cf. Modify those and build the
..cf files using make. Copy the new .cf files into place. Restart sendmail

# cd/etc/mail/cf/cf
# make sendmail.cf
# make submit.cf
# cp sendmail.cf ../..
# cp submit.cf ../..
# svcadm disable sendmail
# svcadm enable sendmail

If you don't already have a copy, get the sendmail book from O'Reilly.

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant

Installing Sol10 from DVD - USB drive as flash archive source? BertieBigBollox@gmail.com Sun Hardware 1 10-08-2009 02:47 PM
mounting a USB external drive to U30 under Sol10 Mauricio Tavares Sun Hardware 2 05-08-2006 11:01 PM
Unable to mirror OS (Sol10) disk using BIOS Integrated Mirror on SF X4200. Eric Luyten Sun Hardware 0 05-08-2006 09:53 AM
re: SUNpc on SOL8... dr Sun Hardware 0 12-22-2003 01:24 AM
can't find ATAPI CDROM with cdrecord on Sol8 Alexandros Gougousoudis Sun Hardware 1 09-05-2003 04:12 PM