Separate Line in jack?

Louise

I just got a new system with an Audigy 2 ZS. The audio sound is pretty
good and I'd be happy - except -

I use voice recognition software with a microphone, attached to a preamp
which feeds into the line-in jack.

The Audigy 2 ZS has combined the line in with several other inputs and I
have to go into the panel everytime I want to use the line in as it
automatically turns off as soon as I load my voice recognition software.

There also seems to be some "leakage" and even when I check the box to
not monitor recording, I often get a little feedback from my speakers.

Is there another card, similar in audio quality, that has a truly
separate line-in jack?

What about the M-Audio Revolution card?

Louise

Dave Hamaker

Have you checked with the maker of the voice recognition software about
this? It's something the application can be taught to handle and they
may have done so. Even if they haven't, you can remind them that the
Audigy series dominates the market and it might be good business for their
developers to contact Creative Labs.

-Dave
(E-Mail Removed)

Louise <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>I just got a new system with an Audigy 2 ZS. The audio sound is pretty
>good and I'd be happy - except -

>I use voice recognition software with a microphone, attached to a preamp
>which feeds into the line-in jack.

>The Audigy 2 ZS has combined the line in with several other inputs and I
>have to go into the panel everytime I want to use the line in as it
>automatically turns off as soon as I load my voice recognition software.

>There also seems to be some "leakage" and even when I check the box to
>not monitor recording, I often get a little feedback from my speakers.

>Is there another card, similar in audio quality, that has a truly
>separate line-in jack?

>What about the M-Audio Revolution card?

>Louise

Louise

In article <YPwhc.39416$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Have you checked with the maker of the voice recognition software about
> this? It's something the application can be taught to handle and they
> may have done so. Even if they haven't, you can remind them that the
> Audigy series dominates the market and it might be good business for their
> developers to contact Creative Labs.
>
> -Dave
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> Louise <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> >I just got a new system with an Audigy 2 ZS. The audio sound is pretty
> >good and I'd be happy - except -

> >I use voice recognition software with a microphone, attached to a preamp
> >which feeds into the line-in jack.

> >The Audigy 2 ZS has combined the line in with several other inputs and I
> >have to go into the panel everytime I want to use the line in as it
> >automatically turns off as soon as I load my voice recognition software.

> >There also seems to be some "leakage" and even when I check the box to
> >not monitor recording, I often get a little feedback from my speakers.

> >Is there another card, similar in audio quality, that has a truly
> >separate line-in jack?

> >What about the M-Audio Revolution card?

> >Louise

I will try - the company is Scansoft, who I don't believe is known for
their tech support.

One other time I talked to them, a "preamp" was not on their recommended
list (neither is a Sennheiser 431), and they said they couldn't help
with anything connected this way. This answer, despite the fact that it
is clearly an option offerred by the program ;-)

I may start poking around their various ini files and registry entries
because I now have narrowed down when it actually occurs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Louise