Serial port card in AW9-Max?

Scott Smith

I just got a new AW9-Max mobo and see that it doesn't have any
parallel or serial ports on it. Could I run a serial port PCI card
with this board without any problems?

If so, anyone know where I could find one cheap?

The only reason I would need one is for the communication port
for my Cisco DSL router.

- Scott Smith: (E-Mail Removed)
Sludge Report: http://www.sludgereport.org
Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

Scott Smith

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:29:31 -0600, Scott Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just got a new AW9-Max mobo and see that it doesn't have any
>parallel or serial ports on it. Could I run a serial port PCI card
>with this board without any problems?

I found this online. Think this would work with the board and
Vista OS?

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...31349&ref=FRG1

Thanks in advance.

- Scott Smith: (E-Mail Removed)
Sludge Report: http://www.sludgereport.org
Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

Scott Smith

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:46:29 -0600, Scott Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:29:31 -0600, Scott Smith
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I just got a new AW9-Max mobo and see that it doesn't have any
>>parallel or serial ports on it. Could I run a serial port PCI card
>>with this board without any problems?

>I found this online. Think this would work with the board and
>Vista OS?
>
>http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...31349&ref=FRG1
>
>Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I picked up a USB to serial cable and it works great!