Setting up modem? ? ?

Ray Jenkins

I am trying to install in my old laptop a Cardinal v.34 33.6 fax modem.

I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere on the internet, but I did find
the initialization strings.

Can I install it with these?

How do I go about it?

Ray Jenkins

Thanks Ian --

Does the "standard modem" work with a PCMCIA card modem? Somehow I thought
it was for the internal modems only.

FYI, I'm trying to fix up a very old laptop on the cheap, for a needy kid
who needs it for school. It's a pro bono hobby of mine.

-- Ray
"Ian Stirling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bh3dbc$1mj$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ray Jenkins <Rayj.balt@verizondotnet> wrote:
> > I am trying to install in my old laptop a Cardinal v.34 33.6 fax modem.
> >
> > I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere on the internet, but I did

find
> > the initialization strings.

> Try just "standard modem" to setup with.
>
> --
> http://inquisitor.i.am/ | (E-Mail Removed) | Ian

Stirling.

------
> "The theory of everything falls out trivially." -- Etherman, sci.physics

kook.

Ray Jenkins

Addendum to message just posted:

The modem doesn't seem to be listed in the Win95 disc, but I think it's in
the Win98. Do you know of any way to extract a modem driver from the Win95
disc?

------
> "The theory of everything falls out trivially." -- Etherman, sci.physics

kook.

Ian Stirling

Ray Jenkins <Rayj.balt@verizondotnet> wrote:
> Thanks Ian --
>
> Does the "standard modem" work with a PCMCIA card modem? Somehow I thought
> it was for the internal modems only.

PCMCIA modems have two (logical) parts, a serial interface, and the
actual modem, in one card.
There was (IIRC) last time I looked "standard PCMCIA modem", but this would
have been windows 95.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | (E-Mail Removed) | Ian Stirling.
If God hadn't intended us to eat animals,

KT7A-RAID... want to try higher FSB/PCI setting ZR Abit 2 10-03-2003 06:52 PM
Optimal Bios setting NF7-M SL Abit 4 09-08-2003 01:53 PM
kx7-333/xp2600+ bios setting suggestions needed Kevin Grant Abit 1 09-05-2003 11:13 AM
KG7-RAID SoftMenu FSB Setting Ineffective DanMac Abit 7 08-10-2003 07:06 AM
Is there a utility to determine what cache setting a HDD has? Ron Abit 6 07-30-2003 01:23 AM